Should you feed your dog nothing but dry dog food its whole life?

Should you feed only 2 meals a day with no scraps or treats and only dry food? that seems pretty boring to me and would equate to a horrible life...whats wrong with feeding gravy train or flavored cheap food? whats up with all this iams and eukanuba…

Should you feed your dog nothing but dry dog food its whole life?

Should you feed only 2 meals a day with no scraps or treats and only dry food? that seems pretty boring to me and would equate to a horrible life...whats wrong with feeding gravy train or flavored cheap food? whats up with all this iams and eukanuba…...
    General Dog Discussions : Should you feed your dog nothing but dry dog food its whole life?...

• My girl doesnt get dry food at all, i feed her a raw diet of bones, minced human grade meat with pulped raw vegetables added. I change what meat she gets every couple of days, occasionally adding a bit of fish. Once a week she gets a huge chewing bone, every day we do training using large treat biscuits. Her teeth are perfect, her skin is getting there (has had skin problems on and off for the last 3 years), no problem with internal health.Years ago, my mother had a dog and a cat who only had a dry food diet, both got pretty severe teeth and gum problems as they reached twilight years, in fact, it killed the cat (gingivitis that refused to respond to treatment, making it hard for the cat to eat anything, teeth had to be removed, gums just dissolved).I dont like giving my dog anything that has been processed down to a point where it doesnt look anything like the original 'ingredient', has preservatives in it, and other extra additives in quantities i cant guess at, and isnt as fresh as i can get. I like my food to be as fresh as possible, so why shouldnt my dog

• My dog has always eaten the dry dog food. However she has had scraps of food as well. She loves carrots peelings, fat cut off from the meat, leftover scraps etc. I often let her lick out my yougart container once I'm done. She's eaten a lot of people "food" in her day. Avoid things like chocolate that are bad for dogs, though once a boy who was too young to know gave her a few MM's She's never had like the canned dog food.

• Feeding Purina Brands of dog food has got the same junk in it that would get on incision needles, speaking: nurses would use the same ones over and over again. The animals are also diseased or rotten, like fish on the beach. Dying pets are in it and leather. There is no filtration to the process. Better go to a pet store and buy a different kind by the way.

• Dry food is convenient and relatively inexpensive. Use a good one and you will be okay. Gravy Train is the lowest grade garbage you can get, Iams is a little better, Eukanuba a little better. Is there a Pet food store near you? In the South, the Pet Supplies Plus have the very best food selections. A good food will cost about $1 per pound. If you can not find a good food locally, you can order it online. I have never seen a good dog food in a grocery store, or a feed supply. Canidae is an excellent dry food-there are many more. You don't need the "single source protein foods" unless you dog has food allergies.You can, of course, feed your dog from the table. If you do-no bones, no garlic, no onions, no pepper. Most high-end dog foods are table food.

• I agree that a dog can not taste as well as a human can but a dog can smell many many times better than a human. So follow this simple test to see what is more appealing to your dog?1. Smell the dog food.2. Smell a pasta, veggie and rice mix.Which one smells better? Also if commercial diets have what they claim- like veggies, meat, rice etc, then I see no reason why we can't actually feed them rice,. veggies and meat. I feed my dogs a variety of things using the food groups- meat, carbohydrates and veggies.The only reason to feed commercial diets is because of their convenience and hey I am not saying that everyone has the time to cook for their dogs 247, I confess that I do leave kibble out incase they get hungry during the day and sometimes when I am busy, I do give them kibble mixed with wet food. I feed innova and while I have concerns about thwe high protein level, I think it is one of the best non4-D meat dog food out there.The decision is yours but I know what your dog would prefer!

• Nope you should feed a good quality dog food, and give your dog cooked meat, fruits and vegetables. It makes no sense to feed a dog a garbage food, just because you have the idea that the dogs are bored with the flavor. Good food is best, garbage cause it tastes good?? Not likely.