is it safe for a dog to take human medicine for allergies?

My dog is eating herself. Her legs and feet look horrible from all the gnawing. She receives a weekly bath, given the best dog food, follows up at the vet yearly. I am just concerned for her, and have looked for information to no avail. Please help if…

is it safe for a dog to take human medicine for allergies?

My dog is eating herself. Her legs and feet look horrible from all the gnawing. She receives a weekly bath, given the best dog food, follows up at the vet yearly. I am just concerned for her, and have looked for information to no avail. Please help if…...
    General Dog Discussions : is it safe for a dog to take human medicine for allergies?...

• Hi Yes it is safe for dogs to take human medication. But most importantly you have to give the right dose for the size of the dogs weight.I watched a documentary on this very subject and the veterinarian's just use the same meds as we take. You can ask your vet to give you the prescription for your dog and take it to you local Pharmacy and they can fill it for you.You will find it a lot cheaper and it works just as well.We raise Toy poodles and lasapsos and we used to get a prescription for the same med I was on but in a lot smaller dose.