What is that brown mushy stuff in my dog's ear?

My dog has brown mushy stuff in his ears. He doesn't seem to be bothered with it until I try to clean out his ear. He scratches his ear and itches it after I clean it. It has been present for more than 2 weeks. I have been cleaning his ear with q-tips…

My dog has brown mushy stuff in his ears. He doesn't seem to be bothered with it until I try to clean out his ear. He scratches his ear and itches it after I clean it. It has been present for more than 2 weeks. I have been cleaning his ear with q-tips…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is that brown mushy stuff in my dog's ear?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is that brown mushy stuff in my dog's ear?

What is that brown mushy stuff in my dog's ear? General Dog Discussions
      My dog has brown mushy stuff in his ears. He doesn't seem to be bothered with it until I try to clean out his ear. He scratches his ear and itches it after I clean it. It has been present for more than 2 weeks. I have been cleaning his ear with q-tips and gauze, but it won't seem to go away. Does anyone know what this stuff is?

What is that brown mushy stuff in my dog's ear? General Dog Discussions
    • Ear wax.It could be the start of an infection.Does he shake his head a lot or cry when you pet him or touch behind his ear?You don't want to clean his ears out with q tips or anything else because you can puncture his eardrum.Take him to the vet.Some dogs can be in pain but they won't let us know.Get it checked out.Dogs don't have wax build up in their ear unless there is the onset of an infection.Good luck,hopedogiee feels better.

• this could be lots of things, anything from allergic reactions to inhalents, pollens, molds, to fungus infection, also bacterial infection.if it is infection from whatever cause, it is best to identify the stuff and the vet can determine what it might be and treat it. the vet can also do a culture if he isnt sure the best med to use, since I have dog with chronic and severe ear problems, I think this should be handled aggressively.