What are some dogs that are good with rabbits and under $100 in Sydney, NSW?

I have a rabbit at home and I am getting a dog and I need a dog that will get along with rabbits? It should be $100 at the most. Oh and I'm looking for few week old puppies. Puppies must be in Sydney and North-West sydney preferred.

I have a rabbit at home and I am getting a dog and I need a dog that will get along with rabbits? It should be $100 at the most. Oh and I'm looking for few week old puppies. Puppies must be in Sydney and North-West sydney preferred....
    General Dog Discussions : What are some dogs that are good with rabbits and under $100 in Sydney, NSW?...

• What are some dogs that are good with rabbits and under $100 in Sydney, NSW?

What are some dogs that are good with rabbits and under $100 in Sydney, NSW? General Dog Discussions
      I have a rabbit at home and I am getting a dog and I need a dog that will get along with rabbits? It should be $100 at the most. Oh and I'm looking for few week old puppies. Puppies must be in Sydney and North-West sydney preferred.

What are some dogs that are good with rabbits and under $100 in Sydney, NSW? General Dog Discussions
    • OK, you want one of the "non-sporting" breeds that aren't descended from hunters.Try a French Bulldog, a Papillion, Tibetian SpanielBetter yet...Go to a shelter. The attendants can show you a rabbit friendly dog. Shelter mutts are inexpensive, temperament tested, and come with lots of extras. You save a life too.

• I doubt you'll get a puppy for $100 anywhere except maybe from a back yard breeder. Even they usually charge more than $100 for cross bred pups who are neither vaccinated or wormed. If you buy from a back yard breeder you have no idea of the health of the dog and you will have to pay the price of the dog plus vet fees for worming, heartworm meds and vaccinations. That will amount to more than $100. When the puppy is a bit older you will also need to pay for spaying or neutering.I think the going rate for pups from shelters is around $250+. This is to cover the vet work already done.Training is the only thing that will have a dog accept the rabbit because most dogs see rabbits as prey.You would be better to save up a lot more money before thinking about getting a puppy. What would you do if the pup got sick and needs hundreds of dollars to pay vet bills?ADD: I note your rabbit got out and went missing the day you bought it and your neighbour found it. How will you keep a puppy safely contained on your property?