would a cat and dog really conspire to make the house a pissy mess?

so this morning i woke up and the house smells like pee really bad. i asked my mom and she said our cat and dog had peed and pooped all over the house in every room. i dont believe it. it was probably just one of the animals. but is it possible that they…

so this morning i woke up and the house smells like pee really bad. i asked my mom and she said our cat and dog had peed and pooped all over the house in every room. i dont believe it. it was probably just one of the animals. but is it possible that they…...
    General Dog Discussions : would a cat and dog really conspire to make the house a pissy mess?...

• would a cat and dog really conspire to make the house a pissy mess?

would a cat and dog really conspire to make the house a pissy mess? General Dog Discussions
      so this morning i woke up and the house smells like pee really bad. i asked my mom and she said our cat and dog had peed and pooped all over the house in every room. i dont believe it. it was probably just one of the animals. but is it possible that they got together and decided to have a house trashing party? this has never happened before.

would a cat and dog really conspire to make the house a pissy mess? General Dog Discussions
    • I rather doubt it was that they decided to have a trashing party. However, they may be having some sort of dominance issue, and are trying to out-mark each other. Also, if one animal uses a particular place, others often get the idea to go there as well.This is why it's so important to deodorize 'accidents' thoroughly when they happen.

• Animals typically do not have the mental capacity to "conspire," but they may have been trying to establish dominance over one another.Another possibility is that they could have both eaten something that has made them ill. If this behavior persists, take them both to the vet to make sure it is a behavioral problem rather than a physical one.

• not likely cats pefer to do there bussiness in the litter box unless its dirty dog well they dont really care!so maybe it was the dog but i doubt it was the kitty

• Absolutely, they are in cahoots. It sounds like they had a marking party at your expense . They each went around and marked over where each other had marked, trying to cover the smell up of their opponent. Mine do it in the yard all the time. I have seven cats and one dog. I am amazed at how much pee that dog has. He can mark all day if he needs to. Get some urine eliminator and get busy. Also hide and catch them in the act. When you catch them have a hissy fit. Yell holler stomp your feet. bad dog, bad kitty, Scare the crap out of them and reinforce your dominance in the house. This is your house they don't mark in your house.

• I say it's the kitty more so than the doggie. If the dog is house-trained it knows not to do that unless it is ill or has dominance issues, but do they try and out-dominate cats? That I don't know.I find cats to be much more territorial and also much more house destructive (I have both kittys and a dog). Dogs you can train, cats are vindictive and will secretly punish you or each other via secretly peeing all over your belongings, books, hard to replace items, and cherished childhood keepsakes.So IMHO there's no conspiracy, it's one or the other or they really don't like each other.