Is it okay to give a dog milk in a recipe?

I have a cookbook for dogs, and a recipe for muffins needs 1 cup of milk. Is that okay to give my dog?It's just that I've heard that milk can make dogs sick.

I have a cookbook for dogs, and a recipe for muffins needs 1 cup of milk. Is that okay to give my dog?It's just that I've heard that milk can make dogs sick....
    General Dog Discussions : Is it okay to give a dog milk in a recipe?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it okay to give a dog milk in a recipe?

Is it okay to give a dog milk in a recipe? General Dog Discussions
      I have a cookbook for dogs, and a recipe for muffins needs 1 cup of milk. Is that okay to give my dog?It's just that I've heard that milk can make dogs sick.

Is it okay to give a dog milk in a recipe? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes. Dogs drink milk as babies (remember? ;p)Also, I doubt that it would be a bad thing to give your dog if it was added into a doggy recipe book! =]If it is still bothering you, however, you may want to consult a local vet. You could also use some internet or animal books and see =] They sell all kinds of dog owner info. books in local pet stores, and you could probably talk to someone there who knows!Good luck!!

• Not completely sure but cat's are lactose intolerant so I'm leaning more towards no it can make them sick. However; with it being in the recipe I would think it's okay. Asl long as you're not just feeding them milk by itself.

• dogs drink milk as babies, but it is mother's milk, not cow's milk. I wouldn't give a dog any milk of any kind. Milk is not tolerated well by most dogs. They usually get diarrhea.