Why does my dog leave poop marks on the floor?

My dog leaves poop marks on the floor sometimes, she doesn't rub her butt on the floor she just sits there. I read some of the ways to id if she needs her anal glands clean and she doesn't do any of that. She is a black lab german shepherd mix who is 7…

My dog leaves poop marks on the floor sometimes, she doesn't rub her butt on the floor she just sits there. I read some of the ways to id if she needs her anal glands clean and she doesn't do any of that. She is a black lab german shepherd mix who is 7…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why does my dog leave poop marks on the floor?...

• Why does my dog leave poop marks on the floor?

Why does my dog leave poop marks on the floor? General Dog Discussions
      My dog leaves poop marks on the floor sometimes, she doesn't rub her butt on the floor she just sits there. I read some of the ways to id if she needs her anal glands clean and she doesn't do any of that. She is a black lab german shepherd mix who is 7 years old. She started leaving the marks about 1 year ago. Thanks for your advice!

Why does my dog leave poop marks on the floor? General Dog Discussions
    • wipe her butt with baby wipes every time she poops. or you could try a more high fiber food so that the poop is a bit firmer and llittle bits don't get left behind on her rump. since your dog is 7, she's getting up there in years and may be related to her age.

• Even if she isn't showing symptoms, have the anal glands squeezed by a vet or groomer, and see if that fixes the problem.If it doesn't, she may just have cling-ons after she poops, especially if she's long-haired dog. Have a groomer shave the area, and check her rear after she's been out to poop. You may have to wipe. Gross but true.

• she must have very soft movements or diarrhea, or maybe just cut the hair around the anus, that the poop may be leaving, when she sit on floor, if her movements are soft, time for a visit to vet, you can tell a lot from dogs poop!

• Sounds like her anal glands need to expressed. You can doit yourself but some people are afraid to do it.I used to workat an animal hospital so i`ve done it many times. Her buttis itchy. I had one dog that I had to wipe her butt after shemade poop/