What brand of vitamins or supplement would you recommend to a senior German Shepherd?

My senior German Shepherd is having a hard time walking and it makes me sad to see this. What brand of glucosamine, perhaps, would you recommend? From personal experiences, whatever you recommend, did it work for your dog?

What brand of vitamins or supplement would you recommend to a senior German Shepherd?

My senior German Shepherd is having a hard time walking and it makes me sad to see this. What brand of glucosamine, perhaps, would you recommend? From personal experiences, whatever you recommend, did it work for your dog?...
    General Dog Discussions : What brand of vitamins or supplement would you recommend to a senior German Shepherd?...

• What brand of vitamins or supplement would you recommend to a senior German Shepherd?

What brand of vitamins or supplement would you recommend to a senior German Shepherd? General Dog Discussions
      My senior German Shepherd is having a hard time walking and it makes me sad to see this. What brand of glucosamine, perhaps, would you recommend? From personal experiences, whatever you recommend, did it work for your dog?

What brand of vitamins or supplement would you recommend to a senior German Shepherd? General Dog Discussions
    • Adequan is an injection given over a course of weeks. It's a pain reliever, but it also helps repair cartilage damage while encouraging the production of joint fluid. But there are also other oral meds.Here's a link for some info:http://dogtime.com/arthritis.html

• Brand for glucosamine is not really relevant, but type is, you want glucosamine hydrochloride...not glucosamine sulfate. If you go to a good people pharmacy and ask for it specifically it will save you a lot of money. You will want to give him (her?) about 1000mg per day, a bit more for the first week while it builds up in the body, and don't worry, he cannot overdose and it will not upset his stomach while he adjusts.I would also look into yucca, it is a naturally derived inflammatory. Some vets also offer acupuncture.