What can I do to help until the vet opens?

My 1 year old puppie all of a sudden started to look dizzy and disorented and walked a little wobbily, i layed her in a chair where she urinated without moving. she is still responsive just calm, weak, and sleepy.

My 1 year old puppie all of a sudden started to look dizzy and disorented and walked a little wobbily, i layed her in a chair where she urinated without moving. she is still responsive just calm, weak, and sleepy....
    General Dog Discussions : What can I do to help until the vet opens?...

• What can I do to help until the vet opens?

What can I do to help until the vet opens? General Dog Discussions
      My 1 year old puppie all of a sudden started to look dizzy and disorented and walked a little wobbily, i layed her in a chair where she urinated without moving. she is still responsive just calm, weak, and sleepy.

What can I do to help until the vet opens? General Dog Discussions
    • Has someone injured her head,and not admitted it.orHas she gotten in rat/ant/insect poisionorHas she recently had flea spray/collar applied?It you think it is poision, call the vet in the nearest town for emergency.If it has had exposure to chemicals, wash immediately.Loss of bladder control is a sign of death impending.

• That sounds like Canine distemerment, or Billary. Its where the chemicals in the brain of the dog are messed up.Here are a few symptoms :Symptoms grow increasingly severe as the disease progresses, they include: Conjunctivitis (a watery, pus-like eye discharge) and inflammation of the eye Fever Nasal discharge Pneumonia (Coughing and laboured breathing) Lethargy Reduced appetite Vomiting Diarrhoea Seizures Hyperesthesia (increased sensitivity to sensory stimuli, such as pain or touch) Muscle twitching Progressive deterioration of mental abilities and motor (abbility to see, or move around normally. May be walking in circles or not moving around at all) skills Complete or partial paralysis WHAT IS THE CONTROVERSAL TREATMENT? There is no doubt that Canine Distemper is a serious illness. According to conventional veterinarian treatment, about 50% of dogs that contract it will die. Those that survive will often be left with debilitating conditions such as permanent digestive problems, neurological problems, seizure disorders, deformities of the paw pads, etc. According to conventional veterinary science, Distemper 'cannot be cured' and treatment is supportive only and includes fluid therapy, intensive nursing and antibiotics to control any secondary infections. Vaccination programmes against Canine Distemper have made this viral illness less common in recent times. However, holistic vets point out that there are serious concerns about the wisdom of routine vaccination and its long term effect on the health of pets. BUT... it could also be a middle ear infection too. Although they are rare, infections of the middle ear make the head of the dog incline 90 and sometimes even more, the dog becomes dizzy, and even more so, looks like it stumbles and staggers along having no sense of direction.The best treatment that u can give her a the moment is lots and lots of water to help flush the bacteria away!Hope this helps you while u are waiting for the vet! And good luck to the poor baby... Hope she is ok! P.s. let us know if she is ok!