A German shepherd mix that sheds little or none?

We've been considering getting a German Shepherd but the only controversy has been the hair. I found out today that Dingos crossed with German Shepherds don't shed but I think that it mightn't suit us... Anyway Thanks for your help

We've been considering getting a German Shepherd but the only controversy has been the hair. I found out today that Dingos crossed with German Shepherds don't shed but I think that it mightn't suit us... Anyway Thanks for your help...
    General Dog Discussions : A German shepherd mix that sheds little or none?...

• A German shepherd mix that sheds little or none?

A German shepherd mix that sheds little or none? General Dog Discussions
      We've been considering getting a German Shepherd but the only controversy has been the hair. I found out today that Dingos crossed with German Shepherds don't shed but I think that it mightn't suit us... Anyway Thanks for your help

A German shepherd mix that sheds little or none? General Dog Discussions
    • Well you could get a German Shepard and poodle mixPoodles have hypoallergenic hair that doesn't shed and when bred with another species still doesn't. It's pretty cool

• German Shepherds come in short and long haired varieties. The long haired one is actually likely to shed less, but will need more coat maintenance. Dingos are feral dogs and although they are not as different mentally as wolves or coyotes, they are very different from dogs. I would advise against getting a dingo cross unless you are prepared to deal with a stubborn, intelligent, strong-willed animal. It is also likely to have a high prey-drive so if you have cats, chickens, etc. DO NOT do this. Feral/Wild canines and hybrids of them are NOT ideal dogs for first time owners. To be honest with you, if shedding is that big a deal, take the dog outside once a day and brush them thoroughly with a Kong Zoom Groom, or the Furminator. Ten-fifteen minutes a day should keep shed hair inside at a minimum. If that sounds like too much work, consider the fact that a dingo cross will require much more time in training and work and that all dogs will require time if you want to raise them properly.Also, on a personal note: I love GSD's, but American dogs are a waste of money. Try and get a good working-line shepherd from European lines. A good breeder will hip and elbow certify, and test both the sire and bitch for hereditary issues like Addison's disease. American show-line dogs have big ears, narrow heads, neurotic temperaments, and those stupidly sloped backs that make them so "pretty" cost a lot in vet bills and animal misery later on in life. Don't do it.