How can I stop my elderly dog from 'circling'?

The vet says its neurological but there is nothing much we can do. I am sure she is not suffering but she gets very agitated and frantically circles round and round. Any advice as to how to stop her / calm her down? She is fairly old at 12 and a half…

The vet says its neurological but there is nothing much we can do. I am sure she is not suffering but she gets very agitated and frantically circles round and round. Any advice as to how to stop her / calm her down? She is fairly old at 12 and a half…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I stop my elderly dog from 'circling'?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can I stop my elderly dog from 'circling'?

How can I stop my elderly dog from 'circling'? General Dog Discussions
      The vet says its neurological but there is nothing much we can do. I am sure she is not suffering but she gets very agitated and frantically circles round and round. Any advice as to how to stop her / calm her down? She is fairly old at 12 and a half and quite a big dog ( a mongrel - slightly bigger than a border collie size).

How can I stop my elderly dog from 'circling'? General Dog Discussions
    • it probably is brain ageing but there ARE things you can do. there are special diets for older breeds that you can get on prescription from the vets with nutrients that help with brain ageing and also there are some tablets called Vivitonin which can help with the symptoms also. it will mean your doggy taking tablets for the rest of her life but it can help. chances are she isn't suffering but she could have a better quality of life with these things. tell your vet you want to try