Pepcid Complete for dogs?

I have heard it is ok to give a dog Pepcid AC for upset stomach, but does anyone know if it's ok to used Pepcid Complete. I gave some to my dog the other day but he threw it right up. Not sure if he threw up from the medicine or just from being sick.

I have heard it is ok to give a dog Pepcid AC for upset stomach, but does anyone know if it's ok to used Pepcid Complete. I gave some to my dog the other day but he threw it right up. Not sure if he threw up from the medicine or just from being sick....
    General Dog Discussions : Pepcid Complete for dogs?...

• Pepcid Complete for dogs?

Pepcid Complete for dogs? General Dog Discussions
      I have heard it is ok to give a dog Pepcid AC for upset stomach, but does anyone know if it's ok to used Pepcid Complete. I gave some to my dog the other day but he threw it right up. Not sure if he threw up from the medicine or just from being sick.

Pepcid Complete for dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • Don't give any medications to your dog without first checking with your vet. The vet can tell you if the medication is safe and the correct dosage.

• Tagamet (cimetidine) is a more acceptable medication to help soothe stomach acids. consider the possible causes of vomiting and see your vet. consult your vet on acceptable doses and home remedies

• Active IngredientsFamotidine 10 mg-which is the drug name for Pepcid is fine!However the other ingredients listed Calcium carbonate 800 mgMagnesium hydroxide 165 mg(in each chewable tablet) are not something to be messing with. Especially if your dog has any kidney issues, and the Calcium carbonate if mixed with asprin can cause other medical issues.Inactive IngredientsCellulose acetate, corn starch, dextrates, flavors, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, pregelatinized starch, red iron dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, sugar.I wouldn't want any of these other ingredients in my dog either.So please ONLY use Pepcid-A/C at a dose of 10mg per 40lbs. It is also important to note that you should not use this as an one time thing. Give AM and PM for 3-5 days, then PM for 3-5 days, then every other day for 6-10 days. As always check with your vet!

• You should never give your dog human medicine without a Vet telling you to do so. They metabolize medicines differently than we do and you could do some serious damage without meaning to.