the best dog food sold at PetSmart?

Im trying to find the best brand of food to feed my dog, but I can only get to places like Petsmart around my area for food, and they dont sell orijen which I know is really good. I know that they sell Wellness and blue Buffalo which is good too, but its…

Im trying to find the best brand of food to feed my dog, but I can only get to places like Petsmart around my area for food, and they dont sell orijen which I know is really good. I know that they sell Wellness and blue Buffalo which is good too, but its…...
    General Dog Discussions : the best dog food sold at PetSmart?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• the best dog food sold at PetSmart?

the best dog food sold at PetSmart? General Dog Discussions
      Im trying to find the best brand of food to feed my dog, but I can only get to places like Petsmart around my area for food, and they dont sell orijen which I know is really good. I know that they sell Wellness and blue Buffalo which is good too, but its a little too expensive for my family's budget. Whats the best, resonably priced dog food they sell there?

the best dog food sold at PetSmart? General Dog Discussions
    • The best reasonably priced dog food is diamond naturals not the plain diamond.Im not sure if petsmart sells it or not. I buy it at tractor supply. If they sell taste of the wild thats good too but like Bue its very pricey.

• Blue Buffalo is an excellent food, and while you mentioned that it is a bit expensive; with higher quality foods you do tend to feed less of it. As an example:My 25lbs beagle was once fed over 2 cups of dog food to maintain a healthy weight, and now on BB he is fed 1.25 cups of food. I spend approximately $65 per bag of this food, and it lasts my 2 dogs (25 and 45lbs) about 2 months.They also sell Avoderm, which isn't *terrible* and a bit more reasonably priced.What I suggest is that you go into the store and look at the ingredients of foods that they have ranked as "higher"If the foods do not have a reliable meat source as the first ingredient, or contain corn, then steer clear of them.Also, do not get sucked into the "Science Diet" phenomena. While many vets will recommend it, it is essentially a bag of corn priced as "premium"

• I like Wellness. I know petsmart has it. a good one is Canidea and it's pretty inexpensive compared to some other brands, and its grain free and healthy. i dont know if they sell it at petsmart though.

• Canadie is the better one and usually not priced too high but Wellness and Blue Buffalo are one of your top foods there besides Core or Back to Basics but try Canadie as they have I think 3 kinds and they are fairly good for dogs.

• When you're feeding the higher quality, meatier foods that Petsmart carries, like Blue Buffalo (especially the Wilderness line), Wellness Super5Mix, Castor & Pollux, and By Nature, you'll usually feed less, but if it's the money is still an issue, I recommend ordering online. There are many budget-friendly foods with good ingredients that aren't available at Petsmart, but can be purchased online at many places such as Pet Food Direct and Tractor Supply. The prices will be even lower (maybe enough for you to buy one of the foods you want to buy right now), and you should be able to find promotional codes for free shipping, discounts, etc. (join dog food forums or check Retailmenot.com).Good budget-friendly foods to look for online:- Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul- Premium Edge- Merrick Whole Earth Farms line- Diamond Naturals (avoid regular Diamond line)- 4HealthNutro's Natural Choice & Max lines have very low grade ingredients, like corn, poultry fat (not specified), pea protein (adding to the protein with unnecessary veggies instead of more meat) and menadione. Ultra is decent, but there are so many better foods with a lower price. They've had way too many recalls anyway.

• I also buy Blue Buffalo for my dog and I buy a 15lb. bag for $30 and it lasts her a month. You can also go to the Blue Buffalo website and they will send you a coupon for $5 off. The way I look at it, it is not considered outrageous to spend $1 a day for me to eat, why should it be outrageous for my dog?

• The Nutro Company offers 3 different lines of food: Nutro Max, Nutro Natural Choice, and Nutro Ultra. Nutro Max is the line that is designed for your average healthy dog with no sensitivities. Nutro Natural Choice is designed for dogs that perhaps have digestive system sensitivities and/or food allergies. Nutro Ultra is a holistic line of food that contains a variety of proteins and fruits/vegetables.