My dog got scared and ..um...squirted...how can I get rid of the smell? And how much turkey per meal?

Two Questions;1. Tonight at the vet my dog and I were sitting when a man approached us unexpectedly. This startled my dog and she went in to defense mode and sprayed her scent glands. Well they stink. Any idea how to get rid of the smelll? Most was on…

My dog got scared and ..um...squirted...how can I get rid of the smell? And how much turkey per meal?

Two Questions;1. Tonight at the vet my dog and I were sitting when a man approached us unexpectedly. This startled my dog and she went in to defense mode and sprayed her scent glands. Well they stink. Any idea how to get rid of the smelll? Most was on…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog got scared and ..um...squirted...how can I get rid of the smell? And how much turkey per meal?...

• My dog got scared and ..um...squirted...how can I get rid of the smell? And how much turkey per meal?

My dog got scared and ..um...squirted...how can I get rid of the smell? And how much turkey per meal? General Dog Discussions
      Two Questions;1. Tonight at the vet my dog and I were sitting when a man approached us unexpectedly. This startled my dog and she went in to defense mode and sprayed her scent glands. Well they stink. Any idea how to get rid of the smelll? Most was on the vets floor but I can still smell it when she walks by or lays by me. Smells like....I believe the PC way too say it is bad fish, or a cheap club.2. We have been making the switch from commercial dog food to home prepared. We use turkey, rice and veggies as the basis. She is a 55lbs, 1 year old belgian malinois who could use maybe another 5 lbs. How much should she get per meal; 1 cup of turkey 1 cup rice 1 cup veggie? or should it be off weight? I have a scale so either is easy. I know they need more vitamins then just rice carrots and turkey, any suggestions on how to get her her whole nutrition is valued. Thanks.I have heard suggestions of baby food, yogurt, chicken broth...how do you feel about those?

My dog got scared and ..um...squirted...how can I get rid of the smell? And how much turkey per meal? General Dog Discussions
    • Don't know the answer to number two, but as for your dog, same thing happened to my dog and we just had to give her a bath and let her sit in the water for a bit. It totally worked.