how to put ear drops in a strong med-lrg dog that fights it?

I have a 60lb dog that has a bad ear infection and the vet gave us some drops to put in 2x a day and when we try she fights it really bad. She.runs and hides and.wont stay still when we have her 'locked' in our arms. I tried being gentle and soothing her…

I have a 60lb dog that has a bad ear infection and the vet gave us some drops to put in 2x a day and when we try she fights it really bad. She.runs and hides and.wont stay still when we have her 'locked' in our arms. I tried being gentle and soothing her…...
    General Dog Discussions : how to put ear drops in a strong med-lrg dog that fights it?...

• how to put ear drops in a strong med-lrg dog that fights it?

how to put ear drops in a strong med-lrg dog that fights it? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 60lb dog that has a bad ear infection and the vet gave us some drops to put in 2x a day and when we try she fights it really bad. She.runs and hides and.wont stay still when we have her 'locked' in our arms. I tried being gentle and soothing her but she knows as soon as she sees the bottle now.I have been giving her the drops while she is sleeping but im not sure its getting in all the way cuz it doesnt seem.to be doing anything.The vet tried and said he was going.to sedate her because she is so bad. shes constantly flapping her head around and scratching that she is hurting herself and itz driving me up the wall.Any other tips? Shes a german shep mix. almost looks doberman and shes too strong for one person to hold and try to put the drops in so i get my bf to help sometimes but its so frustrating when i miss her ear from her twitching when i get close.

how to put ear drops in a strong med-lrg dog that fights it? General Dog Discussions
    • leash her to a door knob and used your body to smush her against the door other ideas besides brute forcehttp://www.ehow.com/how_2171329_calm-dog-apply-ear-drops.html

• If the vet knows how hard it is to put the drops in, he should have given you some pills for the dog to make her relax so you could do it at home. Call the vet and see if you could get some pills, or have a couple people help you hold her down.