overweight dog feet looks weird help?

Ok I have a 73 lb husky who should be between 45-60lbs. He is currently on thyroid medication to lower his weight but his front legs are quite weak. A normal dog standing has its front legs straight until it gets to the foot part, but mine NOW, is not…

Ok I have a 73 lb husky who should be between 45-60lbs. He is currently on thyroid medication to lower his weight but his front legs are quite weak. A normal dog standing has its front legs straight until it gets to the foot part, but mine NOW, is not…...
    General Dog Discussions : overweight dog feet looks weird help?...

• overweight dog feet looks weird help?

overweight dog feet looks weird help? General Dog Discussions
      Ok I have a 73 lb husky who should be between 45-60lbs. He is currently on thyroid medication to lower his weight but his front legs are quite weak. A normal dog standing has its front legs straight until it gets to the foot part, but mine NOW, is not straight. His front legs curve towards the back. Its hard to explain. Its just not straight anymore. I'm worried its permanent. I'm hoping its due to the weight and as he gets thinner it will return to normal. Is it common on overweight dogs? He started the med a week ago. And on a diet as well as exercise but I don't want to over do it cause of his legs.

overweight dog feet looks weird help? General Dog Discussions
    • Thyroid medicine won't lower his weight alone, you also need to give him activity every day (I know you said as well as exercise but I want to stress every day!) That's how he'll get his muscle and bone mass back to shape. I'd ask the vet about it though. If you have access to a body of water, swimming is the best low impact exercise.You can follow this obese dog's story to maybe get some tips http://truthaboutpetfood2.com/truth-and-consequence