Whats the normal price to board an animal over the holidays (per day) if they weight about 70lbs?

i know it varies and i accually used to work at a vet but i just can't remember if anyone works at a vet and has the slightes clue about what price range miight be i would love to know! thanks!

Whats the normal price to board an animal over the holidays (per day) if they weight about 70lbs?

i know it varies and i accually used to work at a vet but i just can't remember if anyone works at a vet and has the slightes clue about what price range miight be i would love to know! thanks!...
    General Dog Discussions : Whats the normal price to board an animal over the holidays (per day) if they weight about 70lbs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Whats the normal price to board an animal over the holidays (per day) if they weight about 70lbs?

Whats the normal price to board an animal over the holidays (per day) if they weight about 70lbs? General Dog Discussions
      i know it varies and i accually used to work at a vet but i just can't remember if anyone works at a vet and has the slightes clue about what price range miight be i would love to know! thanks!

Whats the normal price to board an animal over the holidays (per day) if they weight about 70lbs? General Dog Discussions
    • If you are looking at a place that just boards, feeds, and cleans up the messes youre looking at about $30 a day around me for a large dog and $20-25 for small to medium dogs.If you are looking for a higher end place.. one of the places that lets them have blankets, and play time and all that it can be any where from $40-$80 a day for a "lower end, high end place"... this is actually what we do when we have to board our dogs outside of our home. Only because they are used to people interaction and there are more at these places (however we tend to try and travel to places we can take them, but of course that's not always an option)And also, remember that typically it can cost more if you want your food fed to them. And if you want them bathed at the end.And dont forget the initial cost of getting the kennel cough (which is only good for 6 months and provides protection against the illness)

• I guess it really depends on where you live. I pay $7.00 per night to get my boxers boarded if I provide the food. They have large kennels and my two stay together so it's $12.00 per day total for both of them. It's less here if I provide the food. The place I use takes excellent care of them and my dogs love to go there.

• You're right it varies greatly even in the same area. In my area a run of the mill kennel not bad but not great but safe and clean would be around 35 a day for a 70 lb dog with a three day minimum. The dog spa which is very upscale and they have people there 24/7 and each dog has it's own private outdoor run as well as lots of other amenities is a flat 60 a day from miniature poodle to great dane with a two day minimum. My local vets won't board as they don't have someone there 24/7 and are closed Sundays and just won't get into boarding. Plus there is also the risk of a parvo case or something under the same roof which isn't the best idea.I have never used a boarding kennel. I have used to my and my dog's delight in my home pet sitters and have had the same great gal for over 5 years. She charges 35 a day for 4 visits a day for potty and short walk and gets my mail as well. She is bonded and has a superior reputation with all the local vets - that's how I got her name years ago. Think about this option as well. Good Luck Take Care