How do I get information on having my dog tested for water rescue? He is a lab/mastiff/possibly boxer mix.?

We adopted him from a pet rescue at 8mos. old. He had always been with the rescue. He is 2yrs old, brindle colored and about 75lbs. We were told he is a mastiff mix by the rescue people, however his vet agrees with me that he is probably part lab. He…

How do I get information on having my dog tested for water rescue? He is a lab/mastiff/possibly boxer mix.?

We adopted him from a pet rescue at 8mos. old. He had always been with the rescue. He is 2yrs old, brindle colored and about 75lbs. We were told he is a mastiff mix by the rescue people, however his vet agrees with me that he is probably part lab. He…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I get information on having my dog tested for water rescue? He is a lab/mastiff/possibly boxer mix.?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I get information on having my dog tested for water rescue? He is a lab/mastiff/possibly boxer mix.?

How do I get information on having my dog tested for water rescue? He is a lab/mastiff/possibly boxer mix.? General Dog Discussions
      We adopted him from a pet rescue at 8mos. old. He had always been with the rescue. He is 2yrs old, brindle colored and about 75lbs. We were told he is a mastiff mix by the rescue people, however his vet agrees with me that he is probably part lab. He is very muscular and strong, and shows traits like a boxer in that he can easily jump 5+ feet high repeatedly. He cries to go in the water and swims with me for over an hour without stopping, when we have to drag him out of the water. He has 4 webbed paws and loves the water and people. He is non-aggressive and loves people and other pets. He has passed a dog obedience class taught by a local police officer who trains and works with local police dogs. I would not give him up, but would make him available for local rescues. Just wanted to know what is involved.

How do I get information on having my dog tested for water rescue? He is a lab/mastiff/possibly boxer mix.? General Dog Discussions
    • water rescue is more than your dog liking water .It is a very hard course for handler an dog and alot of hours of training.Look for a search and rescue club in your area that will help you decide if that what you and your dog want to do.If you do the course it will be very rewarding to know that your dog to be able to give something back to your community.

• The site below will give you information on what you will need to do. Just liking water helps but your dog must also need to know how to retrieve objects first on land and then on water. Good Luck