Question about cleaning my dogs ear?

Since my dog has flappy ears, his ears tend to be stinky. So i bought this cleaning solution but on the directions it says squirt it directly in the ear. I'm afraid of doing so b/c i thought that would damage his hearing in some way. Is it safe?

Since my dog has flappy ears, his ears tend to be stinky. So i bought this cleaning solution but on the directions it says squirt it directly in the ear. I'm afraid of doing so b/c i thought that would damage his hearing in some way. Is it safe?...
    General Dog Discussions : Question about cleaning my dogs ear?...

• Question about cleaning my dogs ear?

Question about cleaning my dogs ear? General Dog Discussions
      Since my dog has flappy ears, his ears tend to be stinky. So i bought this cleaning solution but on the directions it says squirt it directly in the ear. I'm afraid of doing so b/c i thought that would damage his hearing in some way. Is it safe?

Question about cleaning my dogs ear? General Dog Discussions
    • You only put in about a teaspoon sized amount (could be different for yours, my dog is tall and weighs 80lbs.), massage at the base of his ear for a few seconds and then let him shake the excess out before starting on the other ear. Clean out his ears either once a week or once every two weeks (I clean my dog's ears once every two weeks because he has pricked ears).It won't damage your dog's hearing and it's better than him getting an ear infection.Get your vet to teach you how if you're still unsure.