Does anyone know about tending to an injured dog?

My dog had to have surgery on his broken pelvis. He can't get around at all right now and my husband or myself have to take him outside to do his business. The problem is he's over 90lbs and I broke my wrist carrying him outside. My husband works so he…

My dog had to have surgery on his broken pelvis. He can't get around at all right now and my husband or myself have to take him outside to do his business. The problem is he's over 90lbs and I broke my wrist carrying him outside. My husband works so he…...
    General Dog Discussions : Does anyone know about tending to an injured dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Does anyone know about tending to an injured dog?

Does anyone know about tending to an injured dog? General Dog Discussions
      My dog had to have surgery on his broken pelvis. He can't get around at all right now and my husband or myself have to take him outside to do his business. The problem is he's over 90lbs and I broke my wrist carrying him outside. My husband works so he isn't always available. I need suggestions on getting him in and out without causing him pain. I've ordered him a wheelchair but it won't be here for a few more days. Thank you so much. Also I've tried sliding him on a blanket but it causes him stress and I have steps leading into the house. Thanks again. This is a repost. I asked it earlier and got a few good ideas to try. I'm just hoping to get a few more.

Does anyone know about tending to an injured dog? General Dog Discussions
    • I would call your vet for the best answer, there are so many variables in dog surgeries.I do know, if he can use his front legs okay, you can try sliding a soft blanket under his belly and holding up his back legs as he walks with his front. I had to help my aunts dog this way after he had a hip replacement. It took awhile to get him outside, but it worked.

• My cat had a broken pelvis TWICE!I know its not the same but what you really need to do is not let him mive to muchif you got him a little den with a very large dog tray ( you can get them)he would "go" in the tray because they wouldnt want a dirty den