How much longer w/ puppy food?

How much longer should a 13 week old Rottweiler be on puppy food.If so what kind, also if not what is the best kind she should be on.In the future what steps of dog food should i get ? Sorry I know it sounds odd but im new to dogs trying to learn the…

How much longer should a 13 week old Rottweiler be on puppy food.If so what kind, also if not what is the best kind she should be on.In the future what steps of dog food should i get ? Sorry I know it sounds odd but im new to dogs trying to learn the…...
    General Dog Discussions : How much longer w/ puppy food?...

• How much longer w/ puppy food?

How much longer w/ puppy food? General Dog Discussions
      How much longer should a 13 week old Rottweiler be on puppy food.If so what kind, also if not what is the best kind she should be on.In the future what steps of dog food should i get ? Sorry I know it sounds odd but im new to dogs trying to learn the best to get for her. :)

How much longer w/ puppy food? General Dog Discussions
    • You should change a puppy to adult food when they are 9months to one year. After the puppy is 9mons to one year you should get her on an adult formula. As far for the best pet food for her there are various opinions. Your best bet would be to ask your vet as well for any other questions you have. Most vets would be all too happy to help out with your questions.We raised our puppy on pedigree puppy formula. I liked Nutro dog food for our older dogs.I hope you know what you're getting into with a Rottweiler. We had a half Rott who was also half blue healer she grew to between 65 and 95lbs. Rotties love to eat so make sure you follow the feeding instructions on the back of the food bag. My girlfriend owns two Rotties her female is about 100 lbs and the male is closer to 120 lbs.

• you have a big breed so it should go to dog food. purina is inexpensive and great. if you want to spoil it you can go to your vet and get big breed dog chow but it will be a pretty penny

• Since Rottis are a large breed, they shouldn't be encouraged to grow very quickly. You want to have a nice slow growth so the bones aren't spindly and she stays lean. Are you in touch with the breeder at all or was this from a BYB? I would put the growing puppy on a high quality kibble for all stages. Read the labels and think "high five". In the first five ingredients listed there should not be any corn, wheat, soy, or by-product. The very first ingredient should be a meat. Use the Feeding Guidelines to measure how much she should get according to her current body weight. Split her daily amount into three meals. She should continue with three meals until she is an adolescent, at about 10 months. Then she can be put on two meals per day for life.