Ways I can reduce my dogs Soreness after Vaccine Shots?

2 year old chihuahua, super sore, he refuses to walk and doesn't want to move. More like a couch potato. This is his first time, he's lucky not to have gotten sick but its hard to take him up and down the stairs, we're going to keep him downstairs, but…

2 year old chihuahua, super sore, he refuses to walk and doesn't want to move. More like a couch potato. This is his first time, he's lucky not to have gotten sick but its hard to take him up and down the stairs, we're going to keep him downstairs, but…...
    General Dog Discussions : Ways I can reduce my dogs Soreness after Vaccine Shots?...

• Ways I can reduce my dogs Soreness after Vaccine Shots?

Ways I can reduce my dogs Soreness after Vaccine Shots? General Dog Discussions
      2 year old chihuahua, super sore, he refuses to walk and doesn't want to move. More like a couch potato. This is his first time, he's lucky not to have gotten sick but its hard to take him up and down the stairs, we're going to keep him downstairs, but still.. Its hard to see him like this what do I do?-----------Skip to shorter Question------------But how do i relieve less of the soreness?

Ways I can reduce my dogs Soreness after Vaccine Shots? General Dog Discussions
    • I would definitely report that vaccine reaction to the vet, to the vaccine company, and to the FDA - please! Help make vaccines safer!I'm concerned he doesn't want to move. Check if he can stand. Check his gums if they are very pale.Nothing can help immediately right now, perhaps you can phone an ER and ask if benadryl might help, but watch to make sure his condition doesn't deteriorate (he probably won't but keep an eye on him, make sure he drinks - if any swelling in the throat, neck or face occurs go to the ER). And only vaccinate for what you need in the future. You need rabies by law every 3 years unless you can get a medical exemption (that depends where you live), and that is all! If he's had his parvo and distemper shots he is good for life. He doesn't need bordetella, lyme or leptospirosis - they rarely protect and do more harm than good especially since you know yours reacts.