Why is my dog chewing on her skin and the bed sheets?

My dog is 8 years old - toy poodle - 4 lbs. She has separation anxiety. In the last few months, she has started chewing on her paws, legs, etc. and now she started doing the same thing to the bed sheets and comforter. What can I do to get her to relax…

My dog is 8 years old - toy poodle - 4 lbs. She has separation anxiety. In the last few months, she has started chewing on her paws, legs, etc. and now she started doing the same thing to the bed sheets and comforter. What can I do to get her to relax…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why is my dog chewing on her skin and the bed sheets?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why is my dog chewing on her skin and the bed sheets?

Why is my dog chewing on her skin and the bed sheets? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is 8 years old - toy poodle - 4 lbs. She has separation anxiety. In the last few months, she has started chewing on her paws, legs, etc. and now she started doing the same thing to the bed sheets and comforter. What can I do to get her to relax and quit the chewing?

Why is my dog chewing on her skin and the bed sheets? General Dog Discussions
    • It seems your dog is suffering from considerable anxiety and stress. She's trying to relieve her stress with the biting and chewing. Best you take her to the vet. There are prescription meds available to treat dogs with anxiety and hopefully the vet will also educate you about some methods you can employ to help her.