do dogs get acne? mine seems to have some on his nose.?

I just ran my hand over my dogs snout...(not really his nose) and its bumpy...its like he has a raised area of scar tissue or something with 5 or 6 pimple like bumps halfway visible on it. Don't know what this could be....he's on a new diet of easy to…

I just ran my hand over my dogs snout...(not really his nose) and its bumpy...its like he has a raised area of scar tissue or something with 5 or 6 pimple like bumps halfway visible on it. Don't know what this could be....he's on a new diet of easy to…...
    General Dog Discussions : do dogs get acne? mine seems to have some on his nose.?...

• do dogs get acne? mine seems to have some on his nose.?

do dogs get acne? mine seems to have some on his nose.? General Dog Discussions
      I just ran my hand over my dogs snout...(not really his nose) and its bumpy...its like he has a raised area of scar tissue or something with 5 or 6 pimple like bumps halfway visible on it. Don't know what this could be....he's on a new diet of easy to digest food for his pancreatitus...he also eats easy to digest treats....made of apple or something. I'm wondering if he might be allergic to the treats, he seems to be shunning them a little.

do dogs get acne? mine seems to have some on his nose.? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes. My breed of choice the Dobermann is prone to acne on the muzzle, particularly on the chin, & is characterized by lumps which can cause soreness, loss of hair if the dog rubs its head because of the itch & break open & bleed.It was treated by my vet with topical antibiotic cream.