Yorkie puppy sick after vet visit?!?

I got a 3-month old yorkie puppy last week, and took her to the vet for a check up to make sure she was healthy. The vet said she was fine, but had to give her a shot, then he gave her some nose drops, saying it was like giving her a shot, without having…

I got a 3-month old yorkie puppy last week, and took her to the vet for a check up to make sure she was healthy. The vet said she was fine, but had to give her a shot, then he gave her some nose drops, saying it was like giving her a shot, without having…...
    General Dog Discussions : Yorkie puppy sick after vet visit?!?...

• Yorkie puppy sick after vet visit?!?

Yorkie puppy sick after vet visit?!? General Dog Discussions
      I got a 3-month old yorkie puppy last week, and took her to the vet for a check up to make sure she was healthy. The vet said she was fine, but had to give her a shot, then he gave her some nose drops, saying it was like giving her a shot, without having to hurt her. This was on Saturday.She was a little tired after, sore from where she'd gotten her shot, so she spent the night resting. The next day, this usually active puppy just lay around, but she had what sounded like the sniffles. The vet had said to expect this. By Monday, she'd stopped eating, drinks water a lot, has yellow, stinky, watery bowel movements, and makes noises like she's coughing. Monday evening, she started throwing up yellowish-white foam and water. The vet said to expect all of this, but I think this is absurd. My sweet, happy puppy is gone, and has been replaced by a scared, weak, sick little girl. :(The vet said this would happen for 5-7 days after her visit. I can't make my puppy wait that long to feel like this. It's almost like she can't smell anything, because she doesn't acknowledge food or the cats, and it's almost like she's having trouble breathing. Does this sound normal to you? She's my first puppy, so I don't know, but I think it's terrible to wait it out and let her suffer as she is... Should we wait it out, or take her to another vet?

Yorkie puppy sick after vet visit?!? General Dog Discussions
    • I have had a kitten almost die from vaccines before. She will no doubt recover, but those little ones, they just can't take the vaccines like the bigger pups can. If she isn't a lot better by this evening, I would take her back to the vet.

• call the vet back since ur pooch seems to have taken a little reaction to the meds. my pup had the nose drops also but was fine and yesterday he had 2 boosters shots and he is very sore and shaky today so i am going to give him a baby asperin for pain and it will help with the shakes. ur pooch needs to be looked at again for somethimg to counter act the drugs so call asap. good luck

• The first thing that you need to remember is that even when you get shots there is always the possiblity of you getting whatever you were given in the vaccine. First of all, the stuff that went up her nose was call bordetella. It helps to prevent what is known as Kennel Cough. Its just a respirtory infection but if untreated can be pretty bad. Although your dog as gotten the vaccine for kennel cough, it is very possible that little "millie" has gotten a cold. Now, taken with what you know about the cold virus. (and when i say virus, it will just have to run its course correct?) you feel yucky, stiff, sore, stuffy, everything its just a pretty misserable time. But the good news....ITS JUST A VIRUS, it will run its course in about a week and little "millie" will be feeling much better. As for the vomit and the lathargia i'm sure the only thing there is just a reaction one of her booster shots. Absolutely nothing to worry about. Your happy healthy puppy just got a little bit of a cold and a little reaction to her booster shot. As your vet said just wait it out if it gets worse by friday or saturday buy all means take her back. don't be one of the jumpy moms that just because your dog burps or coughs immediatly take her to the doc. Just remember that your the mother now and moms are the best cure for anything as long as you have lots of love

• Take her back to the vet. A little soreness, being a little more subdued and off food for a day or two is normal. Not eating or drinking and yellowish diarrhea is not and in a puppy as small as yours the dehydration and hypoglycemia alone could be enough to make her dangerously ill. It is also not normal for a dog to feel ill for a week after vaccines. Your dog needs to go to a vet. It may or may not have anything to do with the shots, but at this point your dog is sick and needs medical attention. If your vet tries to tell you that this is normal after vaccination then find another vet.