How can I help my dog feel more relieved?

Well a week ago our chihuahua jumped out of the window and crushed her pelvis. We got her surgery early this week and the vet pinned her pelvis back together. The vet kept her there for 3 days to make sure that she was healing and that she felt better. I…

Well a week ago our chihuahua jumped out of the window and crushed her pelvis. We got her surgery early this week and the vet pinned her pelvis back together. The vet kept her there for 3 days to make sure that she was healing and that she felt better. I…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I help my dog feel more relieved?...

• How can I help my dog feel more relieved?

How can I help my dog feel more relieved? General Dog Discussions
      Well a week ago our chihuahua jumped out of the window and crushed her pelvis. We got her surgery early this week and the vet pinned her pelvis back together. The vet kept her there for 3 days to make sure that she was healing and that she felt better. I just got her back and she is still in pain and she is whimpering a lot. They gave her an enema because she hadn't had a bowel movement for days and since we have brought her home she has been gassy and has had some runny poop coming out of her bottom. I don't know what to do because she keeps whimpering and she keeps looking at her butt! i know she is not constipated because we palpated her abdomen to make sure it was empty. the vet has her on rimadyl, a pain patch , and clavamox for pain. Im not sure if she is whimpering because she is sore or because her tummy hurts or both!! its so hard to watch her be in so much pain. Also she is not eating very well and before the surgery her appetite was alright even after the accident occurred . Please give me advice on what to do.

How can I help my dog feel more relieved? General Dog Discussions
    • Make sure she has access to plenty of water as diarrhea will dehydrate her. Ask you vet for advice on what to feed her. Pat a little Vaseline on her behind after you make sure it is clean to ease any burning or soreness she has from the diarrhea. Make sure she is warm and out of drafts. Give her something soft to sleep on, but avoid moving her as she will find the position that is most comfortable for her. Other than that, it's just a waiting game.