Would a Jack russell terrier get along with an english bulldog?

We have a jack russell and we are starting to worry that she doesn't get enough interaction with other dogs. We took her to the vet, and she was aggressive around the other dogs. She didn't use to be like this though... We are considering getting an…

We have a jack russell and we are starting to worry that she doesn't get enough interaction with other dogs. We took her to the vet, and she was aggressive around the other dogs. She didn't use to be like this though... We are considering getting an…...
    General Dog Discussions : Would a Jack russell terrier get along with an english bulldog?...

• Would a Jack russell terrier get along with an english bulldog?

Would a Jack russell terrier get along with an english bulldog? General Dog Discussions
      We have a jack russell and we are starting to worry that she doesn't get enough interaction with other dogs. We took her to the vet, and she was aggressive around the other dogs. She didn't use to be like this though... We are considering getting an english bulldog puppy so she has a companion. Would they get along?

Would a Jack russell terrier get along with an english bulldog? General Dog Discussions
    • No.English Bulldogs are lazy(usually) and Jack russels are hyper!If you took her to the vet and she didn't like other dogs, then why would you want one for her to torment?

• our english bulldog gets along with our other 5 dogs in the household. the problem is not going to be the bulldog but the current dog in the home. if he is showing aggresion toward dogs you need to address that first before bringing any dog into your home. i would sign up for a basic obedience class. if your looking specifically for a playmate for your jack russel i would not suggest an english bulldog, they do tend to play as pups but not hard. by that i mean they play for 20 or 30 minutes then they are done, where every jack russell i know goes and goes and goes.

• Yes they would get along in theory, but the jack russell is likely to want to run around playing, which can easily cause the bulldog to overheat, or get aggitated and perhaps get aggressive, so this maybe isn't the best combination.