what to do if a dog is sneezing and has a running nose (yellowish mucus)?

I just adopted a 4 month old border collie from an animal shelter on Tuesday. Yesterday (Thursday) I noticed he was sneezing and today the sneezing became more sever with a runny nose and yellow discharge. He has coughed only a few times. I have made an…

I just adopted a 4 month old border collie from an animal shelter on Tuesday. Yesterday (Thursday) I noticed he was sneezing and today the sneezing became more sever with a runny nose and yellow discharge. He has coughed only a few times. I have made an…...
    General Dog Discussions : what to do if a dog is sneezing and has a running nose (yellowish mucus)?...

• what to do if a dog is sneezing and has a running nose (yellowish mucus)?

what to do if a dog is sneezing and has a running nose (yellowish mucus)? General Dog Discussions
      I just adopted a 4 month old border collie from an animal shelter on Tuesday. Yesterday (Thursday) I noticed he was sneezing and today the sneezing became more sever with a runny nose and yellow discharge. He has coughed only a few times. I have made an appointment to see the vet but they wont be able to see us until Monday. Is there anything I can do for him now? he seems a little sad & hes not eating as much.

what to do if a dog is sneezing and has a running nose (yellowish mucus)? General Dog Discussions
    • It is probably just a Pup-dog-Cold , so do what you'd do with a human , keep them warm and quiet , light nourishing diet , plenty of fluids , plenty of very gentle soothing petting , and keep your fingers crossed that it is nothing worse until the Vet can see him .And ring the Animal Shelter to express your lively appreciation of the care they take to see their charges are healthy before they foist them onto passing mugs .