What is the difference between dry dog food and mixer?

I have been seeing dry dog food and mixer in the super markets and both look exactly the same to me! What is the difference?

I have been seeing dry dog food and mixer in the super markets and both look exactly the same to me! What is the difference?...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the difference between dry dog food and mixer?...

• What is the difference between dry dog food and mixer?

What is the difference between dry dog food and mixer? General Dog Discussions
      I have been seeing dry dog food and mixer in the super markets and both look exactly the same to me! What is the difference?

What is the difference between dry dog food and mixer? General Dog Discussions
    • Mixer is the biscuit type substance you add to dog meat. Dry dog food is all the nutrients a dog needs in its diet in a dried form. One looks biscuit colour and the other looks like meat and veg but in solid dry form.

• Dry dog food is dog food that has been baked or cooked and then ‘dried’ into small cubes or shapes. One of the major benefits of dry food is that it helps keep your dogs teeth in good condition as the chewing action helps remove plaque. Dry dog food is normally ‘complete’ meaning it contains all the recommended daily vitamins and minerals for a dog’s daily diet. There are many kinds of dry dog food that you can buy, including organic dog food, holistic dog food and natural dog food. You even get a variety of dry dog foods specially created for different kinds of dogs. There’s dry puppy dog food, junior dog food, adult dog food, senior dog food, even dog food for lactating bitches or those recovering from surgery.MixerDog food Mixer, is ‘dry’ dog food, but generally, it is not a ‘complete’ food and is intended to be ‘mixed’ with tinned dog food or other foods. Its original use was that it added ‘bulk’ to the food at feeding times and was therefore used to help with dogs that ate excessively and needed to cut their calorie intake. However these days dog mixers are not so widely used, as other foods, particularly as ‘complete’ dry dog foods come in various packages aimed at different kinds of dogs (including overweight dogs).hope this helps!