My 1 year old dog having problems with going to bathroom?

She is eating fine, acting fine and active (as much as a 13 year old dog can) She threw up about 4 days ago and has not gone #2 in as many days. Anything we can give her to help her along? Our funds are low so if anything we can try from pet store or…

She is eating fine, acting fine and active (as much as a 13 year old dog can) She threw up about 4 days ago and has not gone #2 in as many days. Anything we can give her to help her along? Our funds are low so if anything we can try from pet store or…...
    General Dog Discussions : My 1 year old dog having problems with going to bathroom?...

• My 1 year old dog having problems with going to bathroom?

My 1 year old dog having problems with going to bathroom? General Dog Discussions
      She is eating fine, acting fine and active (as much as a 13 year old dog can) She threw up about 4 days ago and has not gone #2 in as many days. Anything we can give her to help her along? Our funds are low so if anything we can try from pet store or home remedy will be very helpful. Thanks in advance.Sorry, she really IS 13 not one

My 1 year old dog having problems with going to bathroom? General Dog Discussions
    • I would try the usual to get things moving - a long walk, a warm bath, etc. I heard pumpkin in her food can help.If they do not work, unfortunately, you're going to have to pay to see a vet. At 13, you shouldn't be taking any risks.

• Try sprinkling some metamucil (the powdered REGULAR flavored kind) in it's dog food and make sure she gets plenty of water. Try giving it 1/4th tablespoon per 20 pounds of body weight.... so if it weighs 40 pounds, give it half of a tablespoon. Do this twice a day.If it throws it up or hasn't gone to the bathroom within another day or two, you're probably going to need to take it to a vet. Her intestines could be blocked up and she could need an enema and medicine. My girlfriend's dog had a VERY similar problem recently.

• As long as she's eating and drinking okay, you shouldn't have to worry much. Start adding water and fiber to the diet. Many people will use canned pumpkin at about 1 tbs per 50 # to start. Do not use the pumpkin pie filling. You can also add canned low salt or salt free green beans. If your dog starts straining to defecate or stops eating then you need to see your vet for further treatment.

• baked beans from a can will fix that!stupidly i gave my puppy 3 beans from the can when i was eating some, literally 3 beans, she was 10 weeks old and her poop was liquid for the next 24 hours.so i suggest you give her her regular dry food and mix half a small can of baked beans in with it. she'll be pooping again in a few hours!baked beans are full of fibre and are as good for dogs as they are for us, it's just that dogs are more susceptible to the fibre! good luck