How do I travel with my dog to Sweden?

I want to take our dog with me on our holiday (from Norwich, England) to Sweden. I was planning to take him in the car on the ferry, but they have now closed down the only ferry route between England and Sweden. We've looked into taking him on the plane,…

I want to take our dog with me on our holiday (from Norwich, England) to Sweden. I was planning to take him in the car on the ferry, but they have now closed down the only ferry route between England and Sweden. We've looked into taking him on the plane,…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I travel with my dog to Sweden?...

• How do I travel with my dog to Sweden?

How do I travel with my dog to Sweden? General Dog Discussions
      I want to take our dog with me on our holiday (from Norwich, England) to Sweden. I was planning to take him in the car on the ferry, but they have now closed down the only ferry route between England and Sweden. We've looked into taking him on the plane, but it is a can of worms. We can't figure out how to do it, who will take him and how the charges work. Anyone out there who's taken their dog to Sweden?

How do I travel with my dog to Sweden? General Dog Discussions
    • uhm you have to have a crate and tell them to put him on a plane and then they will put him at the bottom of the plane and he will prob. be sleeping the whoile time because it will be dark and there may be a little turbulance....care ful and have funn

• Here is the article that show you how to transport your pet.http://pethealthcaretips.blogspot.com/2008/02/different-ways-of-transporting-your-pet.htmlPet Health Care Tipshttp://pethealthcaretips.blogspot.com/

• If you're prepared to take the car why don't you get one ferry from UK and then another to Sweden. It would be most convenient if you could find a port that you can sail into and then straight out of again but if not you could drive between ports.....make it into a driving holiday!!If nothing else you'll have to fly. I can understand why you're not completely happy about that option but it is the only other one.

• First of all you need to get on ebay and buy a jetpack. Then you need to go to your local McDonalds and steal their high-octane french fry oil to fuel your new jetpack. After fueling your jetpack, you need to buy a high strength steel plate and let it run onto the plate for the first run. After you've located all the Sweedish military bases that you need to avoid, just strap up and fly rocket-man.

• Remember that you can take the animal out of any recognised UK port but bringing them in under the Pets Passport Scheme is must come back into an authorised port that is cleared for Pets Passport. As another poster said why not go via another routing. Taking an animal by is actually very simple once you have worked out how to navigate the regulations. The other downside of moving animals by air can be very very expensive even more than your own air fare. A previous poster touched on what happens when a dog is in the aircraft hold. In theory the dog will sleep as the hold lights have been turned off but, this not always the case.