Would you say that i have too many pets?

people tell me all the time that i have too many pets. i have one 30 pound dog one 55 pound dog and 2 cats. they all get vet care when they need it and they all get attention daily and they r fed quality foods. the cat's litterbox is changed every day…

Would you say that i have too many pets?

people tell me all the time that i have too many pets. i have one 30 pound dog one 55 pound dog and 2 cats. they all get vet care when they need it and they all get attention daily and they r fed quality foods. the cat's litterbox is changed every day…...
    General Dog Discussions : Would you say that i have too many pets?...

• No, as long as they are being well taken care of and you have ample space for them I don't see what the problem is. They probably just think you have too many pets because you have way more than they would want to take care of themselves.

• Not at all. I have Three jack Russell’s, a husky, a horse, a goat, and a cat. Other dogs in the house(not mine) are 2 mutts and a lab mix.I also foster dogs in desperate situations for a rescue organization.

• here we have 4 dogs, 7 cats and a hedgehog... they are all taken care of and kept current on vet care.As long as you are physically and financially able to care for your pets.. no, you dont have too many.There are some people out there who cant even manage ONE pet.

• as long as you can support the animals 2-25 isn't too many! It depends on how they are treated. Next time someone tells you that tell them to mind their own business. It's rude but to the point...it's your life and if you are happy sharing it with the 3 animals you have then be proud. I personally have 7 inside cats 1 inside dog and 5 outside cats that were dumped on me 4 months ago.Like you I take care of them. vets, food, litter and love everyday.

• As long as you have time for them and are able to give them the care they need dont worry about what other people say a lot of people has more then four pets

• You can never have too many pets if you love them and take care of them properly. And you sound like you have some darn lucky pets.So don`t listen to those people telling you that you have too many pets.they are probably jealous they get better love and care.If I were a pet I would want you to own me. ha ha ha

• no my mom runs a kennel no its not a puppy mill we play with are dogs and take real good care of them there great i can tell you all there names but it would take a long time we love all are dogs we have a 100 im not jokeing and they all get played with a least i once a week

• No.I have three dogs,16 cats,2 birds,8 turtles and a snake. As long as your animals are given proper care, ( vet care,good food,exercise,etc.) then it's nobody's business how many you have.On the other hand,I know people who have only one pet and they can't take care of it.My animals are all spayed or neutered,vaccinated,and well fed,and they are loved.That's what matters,and if that's what I want to spend my money on,then so be it!

• Most people usually have one pet at home. They think anything more than one is a lot. I don't think you have too many. I have three dogs myself. Every time I tell people that I have three dogs at home, they say that's a lot of dogs.

• I agree with what some of the other posters said. You cannot have too many pets as long as you have the time, love, money, space for them. Feed them a proper diet, see to it that they receive all needed vet care. We have 20+ dogs, no other animals excpet for the stray cats who come in and out and we keep food out for them. Mainly they hunt for their food.We live in a rural area when people dump their animals all the time and lots of them end up here. We take in 3 or more stray/rescue/foster dogs a year, get them healthy, their shots, spay/neutering, etc and place them in loving homes. This is all done out of pocket. We have a large home with lots of room for the chihuahuas, with large fenced in areas for them to play in and do their "business" there. I am home 99% of the time so I have more than enough time to care for them, plus my husband is as nuts about dogs as I am and helps out when he is not working. We have 2 "outside dogs" who would go nuts indoors. They have a warm place to sleep, lots of room on our 30 acres to run and lots of love and attention from us. Our home is paid for, we have savings enough to take care of any emergency that might come up with our dogs, including emergency c-sections when neeeded. Our dogs are treated like royalty. They fill each day with sunshine for me and I thank God for everyone of them.

• If you love animals and clearly you do then it doesn't really matter what other people think. They don't have to feed or take care of them. It sounds like your pets are healthy and you are taking very good care of them. Your pets are fortunate to have such a good home and to have you as their owner. It is not too many animals if you can financially afford them and you have the room in your heart for them. Bunny

• to be honest with you , you can NEVER hav too many of something, if you like having those pets then you have them................. you dont have alot of pets to me because i no people who have alot more pets then you do so i wouldn't worry of what other people say......i always say if they make fun of you or something there just jealous of you......