What kind of jobs would best suit a dog owner?

I am planning to buy a dog, but realise I will need to make a career change as at the moment I work Monday to friday 9am- 5pm. I will need a job that pays resonably and ideally allows me to spend time with my dog. So here I am hoping somebody can give me…

I am planning to buy a dog, but realise I will need to make a career change as at the moment I work Monday to friday 9am- 5pm. I will need a job that pays resonably and ideally allows me to spend time with my dog. So here I am hoping somebody can give me…...
    General Dog Discussions : What kind of jobs would best suit a dog owner?...

• What kind of jobs would best suit a dog owner?

What kind of jobs would best suit a dog owner? General Dog Discussions
      I am planning to buy a dog, but realise I will need to make a career change as at the moment I work Monday to friday 9am- 5pm. I will need a job that pays resonably and ideally allows me to spend time with my dog. So here I am hoping somebody can give me advise. The type of dog I am planning to get is a German Shepherd. I live in the uk.

What kind of jobs would best suit a dog owner? General Dog Discussions
    • you need a yard, lots of time on your hards and plenty of food for a german shepherdso conclusion- be a doctor lawyer, neuro surgeon, stockbroker, pilot, or a grocerany job with steady pay and lots of access to meat and groceries

• well, your job isnt all that bad. i dont have a job, but i do have to go to school. i go to school mon-fri. and the school hours are 8:30am- 2:30pm. i have 1 dog that i recently got last year. i walk my dog EVERYDAY!! as much as possible. but it all depends on if he is an outside dog or inside. becuase if its an outside dog, i dont know, maybe your job is too long, inside dog, it think you have a good job already.

• Working 9-5 is reasonable for a dog owner. I am in school and usually leave my house around 7:30 am and am home usually by 2:30. Some days I work in the evenings so I walk my dog and then go to work for 4-5 hours. These days are longer for my dog, but because I walk him before I go to school and between school and work and then play with him after work, he is fine with it. On the days I don't work in the evening he gets longer walks and some training time too.The most important thing when you get your puppy is that your job is close enough to home that you can let your puppy out in the middle of the day because a long day for a puppy is usually too long as they don't have big enough bladders or the required bladder control. You will have time to walk your dog before you leave and time afterwards to go to training classes and walk and play with your dog.To make enough money to pay for a puppy, you will need to keep working probably 8 hour days, so instead of making a huge career change you may just want to find a similar job (so you can continue working your way up) that is closer to your home. Some offices these days will allow people to bring in their friendly well socialized dogs to work with them.Good luck!