Is it normal my Husky has stopped growing at 50 pounds?

My husky will be a year old April 24, 2013 and I feel like ever since he hit 40 to 50 pounds he has stayed the same size. I read that it is pretty normal and some huskies aren't full grown until 18 months to 24 months but I wanted to hear some other…

My husky will be a year old April 24, 2013 and I feel like ever since he hit 40 to 50 pounds he has stayed the same size. I read that it is pretty normal and some huskies aren't full grown until 18 months to 24 months but I wanted to hear some other…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it normal my Husky has stopped growing at 50 pounds?...

• Is it normal my Husky has stopped growing at 50 pounds?

Is it normal my Husky has stopped growing at 50 pounds? General Dog Discussions
      My husky will be a year old April 24, 2013 and I feel like ever since he hit 40 to 50 pounds he has stayed the same size. I read that it is pretty normal and some huskies aren't full grown until 18 months to 24 months but I wanted to hear some other opinions. He is very healthy, his last visit to the vet was good, he eats, and has a lot of time outside as well. Just want to see if any husky owners have seen the same thing with their dogs. I am also going to try to attach a picture so you can see his current size. Thanks in advance!https://www.facebook.com/tia.whitaker.58#!/photo.php?fbid=10200326906768345&set=a.3551090228989.143909.1624642487&type=1&theater

Is it normal my Husky has stopped growing at 50 pounds? General Dog Discussions
    • A dog the size of a husky is full grown by a year, they only have some filling out to do. Don't you know the standard for your breed? A male weighs between 45 - 60 pounds. You can read the standard for yourself and compare your dog's height and weight to what its supposed to be.

• Well, 40 to 50 lbs is bang in the middle of the breed standard for weight so I wouldn't expect the dog to get much larger. He may get a little stockier as he matures but with good food and exercise he should maintain a healthy weight. (Your link isn't working, BTW)