Why would somone dump a pup for chewing?

We had a lovely old girl (aged 15) who died from cancer last Christmas & left our young dog (male kelpie) without a pal. Went to the pound a week ago and found a 5 month female blue heeler x, who had just been dumped because, quote, "she chews stuff"…

We had a lovely old girl (aged 15) who died from cancer last Christmas & left our young dog (male kelpie) without a pal. Went to the pound a week ago and found a 5 month female blue heeler x, who had just been dumped because, quote, "she chews stuff"…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why would somone dump a pup for chewing?...

• Why would somone dump a pup for chewing?

Why would somone dump a pup for chewing? General Dog Discussions
      We had a lovely old girl (aged 15) who died from cancer last Christmas & left our young dog (male kelpie) without a pal. Went to the pound a week ago and found a 5 month female blue heeler x, who had just been dumped because, quote, "she chews stuff" (duh!). We've got her desexed, vaccinated, living a life of luxury on 10 acres, and everyone including the vet says she's the loveliest dog. Why would some idiot dump her?

Why would somone dump a pup for chewing? General Dog Discussions
    • People are idiots, thats the only thing I can tell you. Puppies chew, it's just a given, but teaching a puppy what to chew and not to chew is the owners job. Most dogs in shelters are in there because of minor behavioral problems that with a little training from the owner, it could have been fixed. People don't understand how to raise dogs anymore and certainly aren't taking the time to find out how.

• cause most people when they get animal they just get one to say i have one. they dont know the responsibility that comes with it.animals are alot of work. when they see that it takes more work than it looks like they just say to hell with it i cant do it or they just dont want to take the time that it takes. thats also why people gets dogs and they stay on a chain in the back yard. people need to be aware of what it takes to raise a dog cat ect,. some people just never need to own animals.

• The shelters and pounds are overflowing with truly wonderful young adolescent dogs. The reason is that the people don't train them, exercise them enough or provide the structure that they need.They go from the cute little fuzz ball state that they are as tiny puppies to teenagers with tons of energy, and no where constructive to use it. By now, a couple months after the people bought the small puppy - it is defecating in the house, chewing things up and big enough to cause problems. So they dump the dog at the local shelter and get another puppy .... argh!I am so happy that you rescued her from the pound, as most of them euthanize over 70-80% of the dogs that are brought in. There are so many smart and wonderful dogs just hoping that someone will come in to save them. A little structure, love and a good home is all they need. Thank you for sharing your story - you just made my day! I love a happy ending.As for the idiots that dumped your new girl - well, you can't fix stupid. They will just get another puppy and start they cycle again. They place no value on the life of a dog.

• Because some people are stupid, careless, selfish, or all three.. Actually I take that back! A LOT of people are that way! Heelers and Kelpies are great auzzie dogs if you train and raise them well. We had a female Kelpie which my Father kept when my parents divorced. We also had a Blue heeler which we'd had as a pup since I was about 2 years old. He spent the majority of his life on a chain, and instead of my father training him properly, he built a 2x5x2 metre (W:L:D) wire cage to keep him in..He died from a second snake bite when he was 11, seven & a half years later, and I still miss him.. But he would have died years before had we been unable to nag my father into paying for antivenom for the first snake bite... (and even then, he only paid for half of a damn shot instead of a full one!)Like I said, some people are just ássholes.. They have no empathy or compassion.

• there are really sick people in this world, who need to do their research before getting a dog! thank god you opened your heart to the pup♥ a favorite quote of mine is "Few owners give up their pet because it didn't turn out the way they hoped it would look, but many owners give up their dog because it didn't behave the way that they had hoped" Potential dog owners research the breed before you choose! I wonder if the sick fucks who dumped the puppy would dump their own baby when it started teething?

• You'd be surprised why people dump pets. Chewing is quite minor compared to some other reasons. Those include; growing too big; shedding too much; wrong color; kids won't care for; hole digging; and several different things. Thanks for taking her home.