My Alaskan Malamute has VERY oily droppings consistently for a week and a half?

My dog is seven months old. She has the same food shes always eaten (Large breed puppy chow) and she poops VERY oily droppings. She has no discomfort, appears healthy and acts the same as she always did. Im concerned maybe she may be eating the apples…

My dog is seven months old. She has the same food shes always eaten (Large breed puppy chow) and she poops VERY oily droppings. She has no discomfort, appears healthy and acts the same as she always did. Im concerned maybe she may be eating the apples…...
    General Dog Discussions : My Alaskan Malamute has VERY oily droppings consistently for a week and a half?...

• My Alaskan Malamute has VERY oily droppings consistently for a week and a half?

My Alaskan Malamute has VERY oily droppings consistently for a week and a half? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is seven months old. She has the same food shes always eaten (Large breed puppy chow) and she poops VERY oily droppings. She has no discomfort, appears healthy and acts the same as she always did. Im concerned maybe she may be eating the apples from my apple tree in my back yard.

My Alaskan Malamute has VERY oily droppings consistently for a week and a half? General Dog Discussions
    • She may very well be eating them; my Aussie loved sugar pears. It could certainly contribute to loose stools. Try raking them all up and keeping them away from her; if her bowel movements don't return to normal in a couple of days, call your vet.Do yourself a favor and stop wasting your money on "large breed puppy chow." In most brands, it's just the ordinary adult chow in a different bag with a higher price tag. If you really want to do a good thing for her, give up on commercial dog food altogether and switch her to her natural diet.I feed raw/prey model; my 50-pound shar-pei mix gets about 12oz a day, but when I have a gorge meal for her, like a turkey carcass that will take her 4-5 hours to eat, she won't be hungry or interested in food for 2-3 days. A dog is fed 2-3% of the ideal body weight each day. A puppy gets 2-3% of the ideal anticipated adult weight each day, divided into 4 meals.The ideal diet should consist of approximately 80% raw meat, 10% raw edible bone, 5% raw liver, 5% other raw organs, the occasional egg, shell and all, raw. NO veggies, NO fruit. Dogs cannot digest vegetables or fruits; they lack the enzyme necessary to break down cellulose. Look at cows: they have the enzyme, and they still need four stomachs and they have to eat the cellulose twice. Dogs have one stomach and a straight-and-simple digestive tract. NO grains; again, dogs can't digest cellulose, and the other ingredients are the primary cause of allergies and diabetes in dogs.NO dairy; dogs are lactose intolerant: another digestive enzyme they don't have.NO supplements other than a spoonful of deepsea fish body oil for the Omega-3 that corn-finished meat does not contain.