how to make my shih-tzu used to his new home.?

I bought a five month old Shih-tzu and took him out of his pack of 7 other shih-tzu's he was really playful in the pack but now that i took him home he seems really sad and wont even go for a walk. is this normal? will he get used to it and get back his…

I bought a five month old Shih-tzu and took him out of his pack of 7 other shih-tzu's he was really playful in the pack but now that i took him home he seems really sad and wont even go for a walk. is this normal? will he get used to it and get back his…...
    General Dog Discussions : how to make my shih-tzu used to his new home.?...

• how to make my shih-tzu used to his new home.?

how to make my shih-tzu used to his new home.? General Dog Discussions
      I bought a five month old Shih-tzu and took him out of his pack of 7 other shih-tzu's he was really playful in the pack but now that i took him home he seems really sad and wont even go for a walk. is this normal? will he get used to it and get back his playfulness? and how is cheese for a treat?

how to make my shih-tzu used to his new home.? General Dog Discussions
    • He may well be depressed by the sudden change in his life. See about arranging some play-dates for him, or better yet, sign him up for puppy school. I haven't met a dog yet who didn't get very excited about dog classes.It's also possible he is ill. It's always good practice to take a new dog to your vet for an initial exam to make sure he is in good health when you get him. Your vet will do a fecal exam (so take a poop sample) and start him on heart worm preventive. He'll probably give you some free samples.Keep trying to engage him in play. If he is healthy, he should come around eventually.Cheese, in moderation, is okay for a treat so long as it doesn't cause diarrhea or constipation. Treats should be teeny tiny bits so he doesn't fill up on treats and not eat his nutritionally balanced dog food. For example, I can use a 1 oz piece of string cheese with my 85 pound Shepherd and get at least 100 treats out of it Something about the size of two pieces of rice is enough to count as a treat. He just needs a little taste of goodness. Ten individual tiny treats will seem a much better deal to a dog than one treat that is ten times the size. Chopped up hot dogs also make good training treats. Just be sure that the amount of treats does not exceed 10% of his over all food intake.