I have a part cocker mix dog that is going to have to have a large cyst removed?

from under his upper front leg on Thursday. I am taking him to the groomer today. Should I tell her to cut him extra short because of the surgery? I am not sure how long it will be before I am able to take him back to the groomer (this is a LARGE…

I have a part cocker mix dog that is going to have to have a large cyst removed?

from under his upper front leg on Thursday. I am taking him to the groomer today. Should I tell her to cut him extra short because of the surgery? I am not sure how long it will be before I am able to take him back to the groomer (this is a LARGE…...
    General Dog Discussions : I have a part cocker mix dog that is going to have to have a large cyst removed?...

• I have a part cocker mix dog that is going to have to have a large cyst removed?

I have a part cocker mix dog that is going to have to have a large cyst removed? General Dog Discussions
      from under his upper front leg on Thursday. I am taking him to the groomer today. Should I tell her to cut him extra short because of the surgery? I am not sure how long it will be before I am able to take him back to the groomer (this is a LARGE cyst).

I have a part cocker mix dog that is going to have to have a large cyst removed? General Dog Discussions
    • Just tell the groomer it is there and to be cautious and gentle around it.When the vet preps the dog for surgery, he will shave off all the hair down to the skin and put some kind of antiseptic on it.Your dog will look goofy, but feel much better. :D

• Nope, the vet will cut what needs to be cut. My dog (90 pound wrot) had a cyst removed from one of her hind quarters. The vet shaved what was necessary for the removal of the cyst.Good luck!

• It depends how often you have him groomed, and how long the anticipated healing time is. If it were me, I think I'd have them go a little shorter all around. It's coming up on the "dog-days of summer!"Good luck to your four-legged friend!