How much is it to feed a dog for a week?

My dog is 8 months old and i need to know the cost of a weeks feeding

My dog is 8 months old and i need to know the cost of a weeks feeding...
    General Dog Discussions : How much is it to feed a dog for a week?...

• How much is it to feed a dog for a week?

How much is it to feed a dog for a week? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is 8 months old and i need to know the cost of a weeks feeding

How much is it to feed a dog for a week? General Dog Discussions
    • Depends on the dog and the sort of food you are buying. I feed 6 dogs for about £3 a week total. That's 50p a week eachYou can feed tins which are espensive, or kibble at £40 a 15kg sack, or you can buy no tins and kibble at £5 a 15kg sack. So how much it costs is like asking how long a bit of string is.

• In the UK a can of dog food is anything between 55 pence and 80 pence a can - so how big is this dog? I find that dry food lasts longer and fills em up a bit more though it costs about £5 for a weeks worth to fill our dog - he's a medium collie cross lab so he's greedy too.

• What size is the dog ? If it turns out to be expensive what will you do ? Sorry but i am a dog lover.I have 2 german shepherds they cost about £1 each per day to feed but i do buy in bulk.

• It depends on the size of the dog and what kind of dog food you are feeding. A tiny toy dog might only eat 1/2 cup of dry food per day while a giant breed could eat up to eight cups of dry food in one day. If you feed canned food it will be different. Also, if you feed your dog poor quality dog food like Ol Roy or generic (which I DO NOT recommend) it will be a lot cheaper than if you buy a good quality food like Nutro Natural Choice or Canidae.I'd say $5-$15 a week depending on your dog's weight and what you are feeding.

• To mainetaine a good weight for the dog you need to feed her 3 times daily 1 to 2 cups a time one in the morning, after noon, and go light at night. I would say about 8 to 10 dollars a week for good food but you never know you havet to try things out.

• It depends on how big the dog is... (what kind of breed) the bigger they are you need to feed them a little more.... if it is a small dog you figure 1/2 cup a day.. if it is a bigger breed about a cup a day... so it can range from a small bag(depending on the brand) about 10.00.... if it is a better brand maybe 15.00

• Well it really depends on what kind of dog you have and what the dogs appetite is but ruffly it should be about 10 pounds a week but that depends on how often you feed your dog a day but just remember that you need to keep your dog on a controlled diet

• You're asking how "long is a Piece of string"The Answer " It Depends "And It depends on How Big? A Yorkie eats much less than a ShepherdAs it is 8 months old you will be near its full growth so whatever you are paying now will be about the cost whatever the breed. Also any treats you buy should be added on If you really want to know the BEST and most ECONOMICAL way ask How Much is it to feed a "BREED NAME" in "MY AREA"I can tell you where you can buy in bulk in my town to feed a GSD and how much it costs.My neighbour could tell you the best buy for small satchets to feed a YORKIE.To pay the same we'd have to have a similar sized breed Her YORKIE is about the size of my GSD's head Oh I could only tell you in pounds too I dont know dollarsSo Change Question and get the answers you really need.Good Luck!!! SOMEONE will KNOW

• I have a boxer and she eats nature diet with mixer, twice a day.Eash nature diet is 64p per tub so twice daily is £1.28 per day. Then we use Winalot mixer with it - a large bag of this cost about £9.00 and lasts roughly a month. Hope this helps! (Then guess you have considered the treats too - a must have for all canine friends!!!)

• It depends on the food. Brand names are expensive but supermarket brands (of good quality) can be bought for less than 70 pence for a large (800g) tin and they come in a variety of different flavours. Dry food can be bought for even cheaper per fees. For seven days your dog shouldn't cost any more than seven to 14 pounds to feed. The same as the average person!

• a 5oo grm of pedigree chum dog food a day, that is 90p a tin times that by 7 equals £6.30 then you'll need your mixer which, for a big bag will cost you about £2.30 that bag will last you about 2 weeks. i have to feed a japanese akita so she also gets her tit bits(optional) so she also gets a packet of cold cooked ham or chicken a day, and when shes out for her last walk off the night her daddy takes her to mac donalds for a plain cheese burger.a bit much i know, but shes still got another year off growing to do. so all in all youll probably need to spend at the most about £8.60. hope thats helped you a bit.