Do these ingredients for Butcher's dog food sound good?

It's the best wet commercial food I've found so farThe ingredients are respectively, Meat and animal derivatives (chicken min. 4%, tripe min 4% (what the hell is a derivative?), derivatives of vegetables origin, minerals. My dog's small - 5kg, so if you…

It's the best wet commercial food I've found so farThe ingredients are respectively, Meat and animal derivatives (chicken min. 4%, tripe min 4% (what the hell is a derivative?), derivatives of vegetables origin, minerals. My dog's small - 5kg, so if you…...
    General Dog Discussions : Do these ingredients for Butcher's dog food sound good?...

• Do these ingredients for Butcher's dog food sound good?

Do these ingredients for Butcher's dog food sound good? General Dog Discussions
      It's the best wet commercial food I've found so farThe ingredients are respectively, Meat and animal derivatives (chicken min. 4%, tripe min 4% (what the hell is a derivative?), derivatives of vegetables origin, minerals. My dog's small - 5kg, so if you have any reccomendations for a better one widely available in that would be superrI honestly don't think I can feed her a raw diet or a home made diet, I know I'd just make her I'll and since my vet is sponsored by Science Plan (ew) I doubt I'd really be able to ask them for advice. Changing vets just isnt an option. I smell cakeActually, I'm sure Butchers Choice is one too and they claim to have Omega oils. But the ingredients are pretty much the same. Hmm.

Do these ingredients for Butcher's dog food sound good? General Dog Discussions
    • Congratulations on thinking about this.To me, those ingredients don't sound good, and I wouldn't feed it to my dog. I'm sure there are those that feed it to their dogs. I'm glad their dogs are doing well on this food.1. Your dog doesn't need wet food. It will eat dry.2 Just because its 10 kg. is still has the nutritional requirements of all dogs.If you feel compelled to feed wet, or your dog is so old that it can only eat wet consider Innova canned, Evo canned, or Wellness canned in their variety of 95 meat.Consider this. Read as much as you can about dog food, and the science plan food. As your Vet about dog food, and see if they push Science Plan on you. If the Vet teaches you about what to feed your dog, you can trust your vet on topics you know less about. If your Vet. pushes a product that they sell, then you know their primary motivation is to biopsy the money from your wallet.