How could i teach my dog how to play with a tennis ball? My dog wont touch a tennis ball.?

I have bought toys for my dog and it wont touch them. My dog wont touch a football or football. It dosnt like any toys. What do i need to do to train it.

How could i teach my dog how to play with a tennis ball? My dog wont touch a tennis ball.?

I have bought toys for my dog and it wont touch them. My dog wont touch a football or football. It dosnt like any toys. What do i need to do to train it....
    General Dog Discussions : How could i teach my dog how to play with a tennis ball? My dog wont touch a tennis ball.?...

• How could i teach my dog how to play with a tennis ball? My dog wont touch a tennis ball.?

How could i teach my dog how to play with a tennis ball? My dog wont touch a tennis ball.? General Dog Discussions
      I have bought toys for my dog and it wont touch them. My dog wont touch a football or football. It dosnt like any toys. What do i need to do to train it.

How could i teach my dog how to play with a tennis ball? My dog wont touch a tennis ball.? General Dog Discussions
    • Sorry to break it to you, but that's a bit of a challenging situation. Try different materials such as rubber (maybe a Kong filled with treats?), plastic frisbees, or rope. Most dogs won't need to be trained to play with toys. Check with your vet to be sure that there are no inderlying mouth problems that may be causing it pain.

• Think about it like this. If someone gave you a toy or game and kept on wanting you to play with it, would you want to if you didn't like it? Dogs sometimes just don't want to play with a certain toy because it just doesn't interest them, and if they don't want to then you shouldn't force it, keep it handy in case he/she eventually does take some interest but otherwise don't worry about it, there will be plenty of other things that your dog will be interested in so keep trying and you'll find something :)

• If your dog eats dry food, you can buy a plastic activity ball and instead of putting your dog's food in a bowl, put the food inside the ball. Pieces will drop out through the holes. Be warned though, once your dog starts chasing one of these things round, there will be no mercy shown to skirtingboards or anything else that gets in the way. Have fun