Need Some Help with Chow Question?

Hi, my name is Crystal and I have a question to anyone who might be able to help me. My mom has a friend who lives in Ohio, his name is Mike, she has known him for over 20 years. He just lost his wife of over 30 years in July. Now if that was not…

Hi, my name is Crystal and I have a question to anyone who might be able to help me. My mom has a friend who lives in Ohio, his name is Mike, she has known him for over 20 years. He just lost his wife of over 30 years in July. Now if that was not…...
    General Dog Discussions : Need Some Help with Chow Question?...

• Need Some Help with Chow Question?

Need Some Help with Chow Question? General Dog Discussions
      Hi, my name is Crystal and I have a question to anyone who might be able to help me. My mom has a friend who lives in Ohio, his name is Mike, she has known him for over 20 years. He just lost his wife of over 30 years in July. Now if that was not horrible enough he found out that his dog Onyx, who he has had for 11 years had a tumor on his tongue. He has had it removed, this past Friday after Thanksgiving. Onyx is staying with my family here in Pensacola, Fl. My mom and I are having to teach Onyx how to eat and drink again, that is going pretty well actually, only 1 day after surgery he was already figuring out how to drink on his own, he is a very smart dog and just as sweet and laid back as they come. Onyx is Mike’s baby and he would love to have a couple of puppies from him, because we don’t know how much longer he has and if the veterinarian was able to get the entire tumor. The vet actually feels very good about the surgery, and was ecstatic about how well he is doing. I am asking if anyone knows of someone who has and would be willing to breed a sweet female chow or even a chow mix with Onyx ………. PLEASE EMAIL ME @ [email protected] or [email protected] and put CHOW CHOW IN SUBJECT LINE. Pictures of Onyx can be seen on Yahoo (click on Onyx Pictures):http://new.photos.yahoo.com/orca7979/albums Thank You, Crystal Wheeler

Need Some Help with Chow Question? General Dog Discussions
    • I am sorry to hear he has had some issues, but thankful he has good people like you!At Onyx's age it is not a good canidate. I know it isn't what you want to hear, but PLEASE look into Chow rescue. They are ALWAYS full and you could save the life of a puppy that may be [email protected] Chow-Chow rescue in Florida*OR* Ruff Ruff! My name is...OthelloI need a home & someone to love me.Rescue Group: Rescued Unwanted Furry FriendsPhone: (850) 863-7833- Let 'em know you saw "Othello" on 1-800-Save-A-Pet.com!Email: [email protected]'s info...Breed: Labrador Retriever / Chow Chow MixSize: Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)Color: BlackSex: MaleAge: AdultOthello is:already neuteredhousetrainedup to date with shotsOthello's story...Othello is presently being fostered by the owner. They are looking for a home for him. Their other dog is an Alpha dog and Othello has decided that he too would like to be the Alpha dog though Othello is losing all the battles and it is getting hard for him to continually get "beaten up" all the time. According to the owners... they say "Othello is actually the stronger dog, but their other dog won’t quit challenging him and Othello inevitably is always the loser in any altercations. Both dogs were neutered very young.The altercations were seldom and small until this last year. I tried working with a dog behavior professional and it has helped when the owners are around the dogs but in the last month, they have begun challenging each other with no one around. "Also according to the other she says, "The sad part is we love this dog. But after attempting to have them live in different parts of the yard, it just isn’t working. He’s miserable and feels isolated-which he is. Othello is very loving and well behaved to humans (knows sit/stay, housebroken), has no food issues with humans, gets along well with our JackRussell/Rat Terrier mix female. He is used to being in a fenced yard during the day and in the house at night. But he does well in a crate when we have been on vacation and had a dog sitter come by several times a day. He is black, weighs about 65lbs, and has a stocky, Chow-like build with a thick tail that curves over his back. He has seldom been around small children so really has no experience with them. I think he would be a wonderful pet for a single person or a couple with older children. He’s a good watch dog as well. He is current on shots. We use a vet clinic in town who will be happy to attest to his gentle nature."The owners will give this information to anyone interested in adopting him.Won't you please open your hearts and give this sweet boy a home where he won't be subjected to an Alpha dog giving him a hard time?Contact this rescue group to adopt Othello ...Rescue Group: Rescued Unwanted Furry FriendsPhone: (850) 863-7833- Let 'em know you saw "Othello" on 1-800-Save-A-Pet.com!E-mail: [email protected]: http://www.911ruff.orgAddress: 127 Miracle Strip Parkway SWFort Walton Beach , FL32548*OR*currently on petfinder.com there are 2,931 Chows and Chow mixes looking for a home. Many will be killed by next week, but replaced by hundreds more!*OR*Dottie a Chow mix at your local HUMANE SOCIETY OF PENSACOLAPensacola, [email protected] Thank you for your consideration.