Weight of my rottweiler?

Hey,Ive got a male rottie he is gonna be 2 years old soon ,and he weighted 40kgs and I find him skinny did everythin to make him get weight Its just because we gave him so much home food ...meat balls chicken macaroni etc anything left he's eating eggs…

Weight of my rottweiler?

Hey,Ive got a male rottie he is gonna be 2 years old soon ,and he weighted 40kgs and I find him skinny did everythin to make him get weight Its just because we gave him so much home food ...meat balls chicken macaroni etc anything left he's eating eggs…...
    General Dog Discussions : Weight of my rottweiler?...

• Weight of my rottweiler?

Weight of my rottweiler? General Dog Discussions
      Hey,Ive got a male rottie he is gonna be 2 years old soon ,and he weighted 40kgs and I find him skinny did everythin to make him get weight Its just because we gave him so much home food ...meat balls chicken macaroni etc anything left he's eating eggs twice a week at first he was eatin all his food mixed with his dry food then he started to seperate it and now Im just givin him dry food to make him get use to it but he's just eatin to survive I wanna make him like his dry food I really stopped givin him home food for a month or so to see what happens and in here after few weeks this place gonna be as hot as hell (north cyprus)also that will be effect his appetite Can anyone give me an advice I also asked vet we're givin him calcium but dunno :/ I heard bout a dry food dressing :D it sounds funny to make gourme for a rottweiler you know he shoud eat ... I checked their average kg ,and yes he is under weight I love him so much his name is zeus =)

Weight of my rottweiler?

Weight of my rottweiler? General Dog Discussions
    • You shouldn't compare him to other Rottweilers. It doesn't matter if he weighs less than other Rotties as long as he's healthy. Try grading him on this body condition scale:http://mastiffonlinecommunity.net/viewtopic.php?p=281743If he scores a 4 or a 5, then don't worry about it, he's perfect. If he scores a 3, he could stand to gain some weight, but it isn't an emergency. So you know, his lithe frame might just be due to his current stage of growth. It isn't unusual for large dogs to be on the lankier side for the first two years of their lives; they often bulk up naturally between two and three years of age.It's possible that his food is unappealing and/or does not provide adequate nutrition. If it's a "junk food" brand like Iams, Eukanuba, Purina, Pedigree, Science Diet, Ol Roy, etc., then this is very possible. At two years, he's old enough to go on a grain-free diet without his joints being affected, so you might want to consider putting him on a rich diet of a brand like EVO, Orijen or Wellness CORE. Other quality brands that do have grains include Blue Buffalo, Wellness, Canidae All Life Stages, Fromm, Solid Gold and more. These kibbles would most likely appeal to him more as they're high quality, rich in tasty ingredients (unlike the "junk food" brands that usually consist of stuff like fat and corn) and offer proper nutrition. (If you do choose to switch his food, make sure that you do so slowly over a period of two weeks or so. Dogs have sensitive stomachs, so they can't really handle abrupt diet changes.)If you're interested in adding dressings to his dry food, you have several options. Here are some of them:- You could use some healthy "human foods" like raw eggs, pure canned pumpkin and healthy yogurt (sans things like artificial flavors). You could rotate through these dressings to keep them interesting, and you could try using different flavors of yogurts if you want. Besides those three things, you could also sometimes add some foods that are tasty but non-harmful, like a sprinkle of cheese, some green beans, a carrot cut up into tiny pieces, banana, etc. All of these toppings would be healthy.- You could try using quality canned foods to top off his meals every once in awhile; most high-quality dry foods also offer canned foods that you could use.- You could buy commercial gravies. You can usually find these in any pet store, like PetSmart or PETCO. These are usually fairly low quality (as they're usually offered by low quality brands like Purina or whatever), but adding a small amount to his meals wouldn't harm him.- You could make your own dressings. For instance, someone I know basically makes her own chicken soup for her dogs (but leaves out all harmful ingredients like spices, salt, garlic, onions, etc.) and uses it to top off her dogs' meals sometimes. As long as you kept it healthy and avoided things like salt, garlic, onions and spices, you could make pretty much any sort of gravy, soup, stew or stock to use as a dressing.

• My math is rusty but I think that is like 88 pounds? I assume he was not from a responsible breeder? I also assume the vet has given him a clean bill of health including blood work?He is a small fellow as he should be roughly around 120lbs. I doubt he will ever be a large dog.You didn't mention what you were feeding him, he should be on a high quality food with NO corn or fillers that rules out your local supermarket brands. If he were mine I would be feeding raw. http://www.dogguide.net/raw-diet-basics.php.considering the crap you have been feeding him I think this is your best option for getting him in shape.With mine I feed 75% raw and 25% Flint River Trout just because that is what they are used to, they like it, they look fantastic and I don't mess with success.The site I included is only one of many that you can research on Google.Good Luck