9 year old German Shepherd is paralyzed in legs. What can we do to make her comfortable?

She is my daughter's dog and vet checked. She seems reasonably happy,considering, but we're worried about pressure points, skin condition, etc. She seems to like a bath once she's in it....to ease her pain? Vet says she has no pain. Any advice would…

9 year old German Shepherd is paralyzed in legs. What can we do to make her comfortable?

She is my daughter's dog and vet checked. She seems reasonably happy,considering, but we're worried about pressure points, skin condition, etc. She seems to like a bath once she's in it....to ease her pain? Vet says she has no pain. Any advice would…...
    General Dog Discussions : 9 year old German Shepherd is paralyzed in legs. What can we do to make her comfortable?...

• 9 year old German Shepherd is paralyzed in legs. What can we do to make her comfortable?

9 year old German Shepherd is paralyzed in legs. What can we do to make her comfortable? General Dog Discussions
      She is my daughter's dog and vet checked. She seems reasonably happy,considering, but we're worried about pressure points, skin condition, etc. She seems to like a bath once she's in it....to ease her pain? Vet says she has no pain. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!She does have a doggie wheelchair but just HATES it. She is taken outside almost every day.

9 year old German Shepherd is paralyzed in legs. What can we do to make her comfortable? General Dog Discussions
    • awww...poor thing. Have you considered getting her one of those doggie wheelchairs?? They're cool. They're expensive, but I'd say your dog could definitely benefit from one. Heres the website:http://www.doggon.com/home.html

• How sad. All 4 legs? Wow...I think the best thing you can do, if she's already being checked out regularly checked by a vet is to simply love her and make sure she has her favorite foods and treats and such. And I agree with the above writer about doggie wheelchairs...they are expensive, but she may very well benefit from it.

• They sell these doggie wheel chair thingies, so you can still take her for walks. So she doesn't miss out on the outside action and doesn't get depressed. You can find them on line, you might want to try eBay. Poor doggie....My thoughts go out to her....Good Luck

• First I want to say I think it's awesome that you're willing to take on the responsibility of a disabled dog instead of just putting her to sleep. If she were in pain, of course, euthanasia would be the best way to go but it sounds like she's doing fine otherwise. This is a great lesson you're teaching your daughter about love and compassion and not giving up on anyone in times of tragedy. If you're worried about pressure points, they do make stockings you can use on horses I know that bring down the risk of "bed sores" during times of immobility. I would assume they'd make something similar for dogs. Ask your vet about getting some for her. Also, look into a doggie wheelchair if that's something she could possibly do. Otherwise, love her, keep her happy, and continue doing right by your child.

• There are wheel chairs for dogs.There are special harnesses that help you lift her back end. Comfort for you and her.Get a "memory foam" bed. Less pressure sores with them.Euthanasia

• both legs you can give the dog massages and move his legs like he is walking for like 20 to 30 min a day it will increase blood flow and make his muscles not cramp up that's why he likes the bath the water loosens them put him on a nice big dog pillow and every like 3 and a half hours flip him over on his other side it him make him more comfortable how long has he been like this if his hind legs re just par then there are these wheel chairs that keep there legs up and the front ones pull the back ones one wheels these kind of dogs need to have lots of attention its great that you care so much not many people do my cousins dog has arthritis and every time i come over i give him a fully body massage he loves it and it helps his hips oh and it is great that you are teaching your kid responsibilty for her animals most people think there disposable but there no and they need love so thanks its people like you that make me wan to be a vet