What does a bright red underbelly with asparagus smelling urine in a young dog indicate?

I recently adopted a 2 yr old husky female who I was told was healthy. When I got her, her entire underside was lobster red (both skin and hair), her urine had a horrible asparagus x 10 smell, she drinks about 3 cups of water every 2 hours and is fairly…

What does a bright red underbelly with asparagus smelling urine in a young dog indicate?

I recently adopted a 2 yr old husky female who I was told was healthy. When I got her, her entire underside was lobster red (both skin and hair), her urine had a horrible asparagus x 10 smell, she drinks about 3 cups of water every 2 hours and is fairly…...
    General Dog Discussions : What does a bright red underbelly with asparagus smelling urine in a young dog indicate?...

• What does a bright red underbelly with asparagus smelling urine in a young dog indicate?

What does a bright red underbelly with asparagus smelling urine in a young dog indicate? General Dog Discussions
      I recently adopted a 2 yr old husky female who I was told was healthy. When I got her, her entire underside was lobster red (both skin and hair), her urine had a horrible asparagus x 10 smell, she drinks about 3 cups of water every 2 hours and is fairly lethargic minus her 2 minutes of running during the day. She eats everything in sight and hasn't had any leakage issues. It also turns out that she was given a C-section several months ago and her incision was adhered with glue. I was wondering if anyone might know what these are symptoms of?I have taken her to my vet who said it could be a range of things and that it would take hundreds of dollars in testing to figure it all out. I was just wondering if someone had maybe dealt with this with their dogs and had an idea of what it could be so the vet may not have to poke and prod her too much..

What does a bright red underbelly with asparagus smelling urine in a young dog indicate? General Dog Discussions
    • I would say an urgent trip to the vet with this dog would be the way to go. I have no idea what this could be but hopefully the vet will.ADD: If you've taken the dog to a vet then what was the diagnosis? Did he discuss what the 'range of things" are that this could be? What medication did the vet prescribe for the problem.No vet after seeing this dog would allow it to go home without any treatement, unless of course you couldn't pay to treat the dog.