Can my 5 month old lab overdose from heartworm medicine?

Our puppy somehow got into her heartworm medicine and ate 4 of the chewable tablets. She's about 45lbs and one tablet is for dogs up to 25lbs. She seems to be acting fine but wanted to double check. Also, should she not be given them next month?Thanks!

Our puppy somehow got into her heartworm medicine and ate 4 of the chewable tablets. She's about 45lbs and one tablet is for dogs up to 25lbs. She seems to be acting fine but wanted to double check. Also, should she not be given them next month?Thanks!...
    General Dog Discussions : Can my 5 month old lab overdose from heartworm medicine?...

• Can my 5 month old lab overdose from heartworm medicine?

Can my 5 month old lab overdose from heartworm medicine? General Dog Discussions
      Our puppy somehow got into her heartworm medicine and ate 4 of the chewable tablets. She's about 45lbs and one tablet is for dogs up to 25lbs. She seems to be acting fine but wanted to double check. Also, should she not be given them next month?Thanks!

Can my 5 month old lab overdose from heartworm medicine? General Dog Discussions
    • I'd call the vet to be sure, but if the pills are "ivermec" based as the active ingredient it's no big deal except to your wallet. Those things are expensive.

• Call the number of the back of the box and/or your vet. I have heard people being told the active ingredient came in such small and insignificant doses for this exact reason and even a 6 month supply was small enough to not cause any harm. Otherwise it would be the equivalent to antifreeze, tastes good and is poison.