What is the best flea medicine for my indoor long haired cats?

I have two long haired cats that are only 2 years old and I have a cat that is 20 years old with arthritis, cataracts and does not liked to be touched on her body because I am sure she hurts from the arthritis. What is the best flea medicine for her…

I have two long haired cats that are only 2 years old and I have a cat that is 20 years old with arthritis, cataracts and does not liked to be touched on her body because I am sure she hurts from the arthritis. What is the best flea medicine for her…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the best flea medicine for my indoor long haired cats?...

• What is the best flea medicine for my indoor long haired cats?

What is the best flea medicine for my indoor long haired cats? General Dog Discussions
      I have two long haired cats that are only 2 years old and I have a cat that is 20 years old with arthritis, cataracts and does not liked to be touched on her body because I am sure she hurts from the arthritis. What is the best flea medicine for her and the two 2 years olds. Should it be different medications and can I have her shaved without it hurting her because she is unable to take care of her long fur anymore.

What is the best flea medicine for my indoor long haired cats? General Dog Discussions
    • The best flea medicine is the flea medicine you get from your vet, and it is well worth the trip. Time and again in Answers there are urgent questions from cat owners who have used a flea medication on their cats, the cat has somehow ingested it or they used the wrong kind (sometimes using dog flea meds), or they misapplied it, or used too much -- and the cat is deathly ill. A flea med is a pesticide or a repellant, cats lick themselves, and this can cause devastating problems. You should take your animals to the vet, or at the very least, call the vet and see what he recommends and how much and where the meds are to be applied. A cat can indeed be shaved, especially in the summer months, and this is a good solution for an older cat who has trouble grooming nether parts. It is possible the vet can do it, or a groomer. For winter, though, you probably know (but if you don't, here am I to save the day!) that there are heated pet beds. I have even seen one that is made something like a slipper -- there is the slipper bottom, and then the kind of dome-like pocket. The thing is heated, and the cat crawls into this little fluffy, heated cave. For an older, arthritic cat who must be shaved, this is a good way to keep snuggy warm when the world isn't.