My dog bites other dogs and bites people when i walk her?

I cant take her to the dog park because she bites other dogs and doesn't know how to play with them.She also bites people that walk by.I cant afford obedience classes, so what can i do?I am just a kid so no i cannot afford it.And my family is having some…

I cant take her to the dog park because she bites other dogs and doesn't know how to play with them.She also bites people that walk by.I cant afford obedience classes, so what can i do?I am just a kid so no i cannot afford it.And my family is having some…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog bites other dogs and bites people when i walk her?...

• My dog bites other dogs and bites people when i walk her?

My dog bites other dogs and bites people when i walk her? General Dog Discussions
      I cant take her to the dog park because she bites other dogs and doesn't know how to play with them.She also bites people that walk by.I cant afford obedience classes, so what can i do?I am just a kid so no i cannot afford it.And my family is having some money troubles so paying for obedience classes are not a first priority.

My dog bites other dogs and bites people when i walk her? General Dog Discussions
    • Bite Right:http://www.paw-rescue.org/PAW/PETTIPS/DogTip_BiteInhibition.phpDog bite prevention is a necessity in today's world.:http://dogs.about.com/od/caringfordogsandpuppies/qt/dogbiteprevention.htmAsk here:dogster.comAggression in dogs is the most serious behavior problem that pet owners must deal with,:http://www.canismajor.com/dog/aggres1.htmlA dog's bark may be worse than his bite, but most of us would rather not find out one way or the other. :http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/aggression.html

• You keep your dog muzzled at all times outside of your home and you start saving up for a dog trainer to help you. You do not attempt to modify aggression without help from a professional unless you are very experienced yourself. Many techniques that will be recommended to you can actually make the dog worse in many cases instead of better.Add: No responsible obedience instructor will allow your dog in a group obedience class- an aggressive dog ruins the positive nature of the course for the other participants. Your dog needs private sessions to get him to the point where he can safely participate in an obedience class. It won't be cheap, but it is necessary.

• If I were you I would come up with the money for the classes or you will be needing more money for the fines, lawyers for the lawsuit due to the bites. You could also have your dog taken away and put down for biting people.

• A basic obedience class that runs 6 weeks ranges from $75.00-$ 125.00 for the whole session at the trainers and kennel clubs in our area.Isn't it worth $100.00 to have a well trained pet for the rest of its life? You really need to take a class with her, as you need to learn how to communicate with and control your dog.If you can afford the internet and a computer - you CAN afford to take an obedience class.

• Start by muzzling it when you go for walks to prevent any bites. This IS NOT a substitution for proper training, but a safety measure to keep other dogs and people safe.Quite frankly, if you can afford to send this dog to obedience classes then you shouldn't have it. It will inevitably bite someone because it has not had proper training and then will be euthanized. I'm not being mean, just honest. The dogs best chance is with obedience classes, if you can't do that, then you should find the dog a new home. Aggression is not a home training issue IMO.

• i had a dog just like that.. try to stay away. but here are some reasons your dog is.. maybe not noticing that's not right so every time he/she does you need to say FIRMLY "NO bad girl/boy! and gentle medially smack there snout! and every time he or she doesn't say good girl or boy. maybe throw in a treat. i hope it goes well.. good luck!

• Your family can afford a muzzle. If they say otherwise, tell them they sure as hell can't afford the impending lawsuit then. A muzzle will bandaid this situation. A trainer will help you fix it. Talk to your parents about this.