What is the best dog for a house with birds?

I have 2 parrots---and was wondering what, if any dog is good with birds?I should mention I have one African Grey and am not worried about him as he is loud and certainly confrontational enough to intimidate any dog. My cockatiel is the problem and the…

I have 2 parrots---and was wondering what, if any dog is good with birds?I should mention I have one African Grey and am not worried about him as he is loud and certainly confrontational enough to intimidate any dog. My cockatiel is the problem and the…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the best dog for a house with birds?...

• What is the best dog for a house with birds?

What is the best dog for a house with birds? General Dog Discussions
      I have 2 parrots---and was wondering what, if any dog is good with birds?I should mention I have one African Grey and am not worried about him as he is loud and certainly confrontational enough to intimidate any dog. My cockatiel is the problem and the one I am worried about---what dog could live with us safely?Both birds are flighted.

What is the best dog for a house with birds? General Dog Discussions
    • A well trained one, and then you have to supervise all interactions, especially with a small parrot. If they are allowed to fly in you house that sets off the dogs prey drive.I have 4 dogs and 2 parrots, they all tolerate each other, but I am always on guard