How do i get my dog to be calm with other dogs?!?

My dog jumps and attacks other dogs and he is only a small 6 month old shih tzu. He dosnt even care if its a big dog. Im scared he might get hurt some day. HELP!?

My dog jumps and attacks other dogs and he is only a small 6 month old shih tzu. He dosnt even care if its a big dog. Im scared he might get hurt some day. HELP!?...
    General Dog Discussions : How do i get my dog to be calm with other dogs?!?...

• How do i get my dog to be calm with other dogs?!?

How do i get my dog to be calm with other dogs?!? General Dog Discussions
      My dog jumps and attacks other dogs and he is only a small 6 month old shih tzu. He dosnt even care if its a big dog. Im scared he might get hurt some day. HELP!?

How do i get my dog to be calm with other dogs?!? General Dog Discussions
    • I think your dog could benefit from a "puppy kindergarten" class. This is designed to socialize puppies to other people and dogs to avoid aggressive behavior. Check with your vet for recommendations. If that fails, you may need to consult a professional.

• keep him on a leash when ur around other dogs. and everytime he acts like that, pull the leash and say NO(ur dogs name) or NO BAD DOG!! everytime he acts calm, give him a treat if he stops barking.

• keep him tied up, or an invisible fence...but if the strange dog is in your yard, then i wouldn't punish your dog, because he is only protecting his territory. And if the other dog acts aggressive towards him, i think he will get the picture.your dog sounds cute though. i love shih tzus!!

• He may be playing or he may be scared. You need to keep working on training the dog to pay attention to you and perform basic commands. Find a training class so you can find out if your dog is just playing or is afraid of the other dogs so you can figure out how to work with it.www.fearfuldogs.com